X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short apache girl
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    I've done satin ones lined and unlined. When you line one, it seems to make it fit tighter, so allow for extra room. It's way easier unlined, but I made a white satin one once that NEEDED the lining. Kinda see - through.

ANY kind of fabric will work unless it's real flimsy like lame' or something sheer. With these a fast way to "line" it, is to use Wonder Under to attach the flimsy stuff to something that will hold up better.
    i read your answer on fabric. I am using pink cotton and i didn't line it. It is just one dress. i don't want a apron with ties. i just don't care for that style. can i sew the jingles straight on the dress ? will the dress be stong enough? does the underdress look like the top dress? will i need a underdress? don't quit understand what an underdress is for? i just need to know before i go on making my dress. i do plan on making a cape with jingles hanging on the ends. i want to dance traditonal jingle. you did answer my question about making the cape. i just want to say thank u alot. you have been so helpful.

Leave a comment:

• native_flutterby
    replied
    there was this one dress that i made from curtain material...my mom did the same thing, that was before the garbardine stuff was popular lol felt like scarlette ohara lmao but got lots of compliments :D

Leave a comment:

• Zi-Sunka
    replied
    i sometimes use crushed velvet, stiff broadcloth, brocades, canvas for beading, or that garbardine stuff is good too.

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    I've done satin ones lined and unlined. When you line one, it seems to make it fit tighter, so allow for extra room. It's way easier unlined, but I made a white satin one once that NEEDED the lining. Kinda see - through.

ANY kind of fabric will work unless it's real flimsy like lame' or something sheer. With these a fast way to "line" it, is to use Wonder Under to attach the flimsy stuff to something that will hold up better.

Leave a comment:

• luvlumbee
    started a topic How do you construct YOUR dress??

How do you construct YOUR dress??

I was just wondering how do you construct your dress. What I mean by this is, if you use satin do you line it? What other materials do you use for dresses besides poplin, cotton, satin, velvet etc,. I am all about experimenting!

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.