Rhinestones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhinestones

Im just wondering where everyone gets their rhinestones? I have been shopping around Vancouver, and I refuse to pay $20/metre for rhinestones. Anyone out there with some suggestions? Is there anywhere online that sells them for cheaper?

Thanks
    Rosa

http://www.thebeadry.com this one didn't work when I tried it, but someone might know the one I'm talking about, and fix it?
    http://www.beadtown.com
    http://www.firemountaingems.com

I don't know any others, or if that will help. I'm not much into rinestones, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by PensaCrowGirl; 10-13-2002, 04:11 PM.
    Harm no one.

Comment

Look up seller goldnbrat on eBay. I have bought from her before, price isn't bad.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/purplemartins/

Comment

I pay $12 a yard where i get mine. Dont know if that's a good deal or not, however ive seen them for sale at dances and they usually are asking $12-$13 a foot! :Yell

Comment

hummm.....

I get mine for 7.99 a yard, i think that is pretty good. Cause once before i bought a yard for 20.00!!!!!! Thats was a rip off!
          '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
          SOUTHERN STYOZ
          '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

Comment

You all mind sharing where you got them at? :dontknow:
            "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

well in canada you can get em at john bead real cheap, i dont know exactly how much, i think around 12 bucks or so.......OR you can usually find them at fabric stores jus about newhere.....i got em at a fabric store and they were purty expensive........
              ~*~¤(¯`·._» >The Prettiest People do the Ugliest things <«_.·´¯)¤ ~*~

Comment

I've also ordered from www.mjcreation.com .

http://spaces.msn.com/members/purplemartins/

Comment

rhinestones

I get mine @ Michaels Crafst store and they pretty cheap they 10 bucks a meeter and they come in all colors shapes n sizes....thats the best I've found I keep going back .....and I fo sho aint gonna pay 18 -20 bucks /m for them thats just to extreem......but then again I saw a BEAUTIFUL rhinestone @ beads n plenty more for 21.meter and i think they worth it,.......hope that will help
                  :NoNo Cant win all the time

~ If I told you I loved you, would u hold me in your arms so tight, If I told you I loved you, Would you be mine, mine for ever ~

~ U may shoot me with your words, U may cut me with your eyes, U may kill me with your hatefulness, BUT STILL LIKE AIR I'LL RISE ~

Comment

My partner went to JohnBead two weeks ago. She paid $7.27(Canadian) a metre. If you buy more the price drops. If you buy 10 metres, the price is a bit less than the original $7.27 per.

They do require a Band number or for the person to register their company in order to make purchases. She did both. She has a band number but made up a company. I thought some of you from Canada might want to register your company with John Bead. Hey it's worth a try. Good luck.

Comment

hey shannon-lyn...whereabouts in canada????
                      .o0~CLAY~0o.

Comment

Hey there everyone,

Well, I have been in touch with John Bead (www.johnbead.com) and they said that if you are status, then you can order from them. But your first order has to be $200!!! Sheesh!! And then every order after that has to be at least $100. Probably the best thing to do is to compile some orders with friends around you if you dont want to order $200 at once.

Anyhoos, hope that helps.

Rosa

Comment

Originally posted by okanaganjingler
                          Hey there everyone,

Well, I have been in touch with John Bead (www.johnbead.com) and they said that if you are status, then you can order from them. But your first order has to be $200!!! Sheesh!! And then every order after that has to be at least $100. Probably the best thing to do is to compile some orders with friends around you if you dont want to order $200 at once.

Anyhoos, hope that helps.

Rosa
                          Thanks for the advice on them, that is what I have heard too! As if! I think I will try and find a better place Any info on the sizes, type, etc? I am trying to educate myself so that I don't get ripped off!:P

Comment

i seen um' at Micheals in different colors and sizes for $5.99 for 3 feet... which isn't bad but, they weren't the prettiest.... they were kind of dull so, i didn't buy um but, on the other hand, they do the job.........
                            ~*~ FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TAKE HOME UGLY SNAGS ~*~

Comment

I didn't know that.

We had no clue about the minimum order thingy at JohnBead.

She calls that place Bead Heaven. My partner does a lot of beadwork and likes to keep a good supply. She spends more'n $200.00 easy, but only 1-2 times a year. She only does beadwork for family and a few select friends tho'. That's why she buys so much. She don't use much rhinestones, but keeps them just in case. Oh yeah she trades for stuff in the U.S. when we go there cuz the beaders there can't get rhinestones at this price. A lot of the ladies like the iridescent(sp?)

It's a good deal though, if you want to stock up on beads and not buy one hank and run out, only to find out you don't have enough. You might have a problem of finding that trader you bought that color from and when you do find him/her, dang! They don't have that color anymore!

That's her reasoning and who da heck am I to disagree.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X