Lap Mat Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lap Mat Material

Hey everyone.... i'm new to this board and i have a question, what is "lap mat" material and where can i find it? Your help is much appreciated :D
    ~*~ FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TAKE HOME UGLY SNAGS ~*~

Not sure what you mean. What are you going to use it for?
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

If you are talking about lap pad material to bead on...

You can by crib size at Wal-Mart in the baby section, will be with bedding - one side is plain the other has nursery print on it.

I buy mine at Hancocks Fabrics, by the yard. It is white on both sides and runs about $9 a yard. It is over 45" wide as well.

If you are talking about something else - I don't know what to tell ya. This is the only lap pad I am familiar with. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Comment

Crib sheet-crib pad. Yeah it's the best to bead on!! also for the canadians you can also check zellers. but right now it's so hard to find. But i love using it.
        "make friends,not enemies"

Comment

ok, why is it so good to bead on?
          If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

It has a nice weight to it, doesn't unravel so you don't have to do special finishing of edges, retains it's shape, doesn't fall apart if it gets wet, can be cut into any shape, can be used for mocs, leggings, hairties, etc..........Almost as useful as duct tape! :Jumping:

Comment

So then you are talking about the flannel covered rubber pads? Or cotton quilted?
              "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

It is pretty good. I had to make sure that I used really sharp needles though.... I know lap mat by the name of baby pad or crib cloth. I was a little lost at first but now i know. :p

It is pretty good to bead on. It doesn't ravel like some canvases can...
                SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Mato - the flannel covered rubber one.

Comment

:Angel2 you guys are the best. I traveled on down to Jo Ann's Fabric yesterday and there it was. I've been using canvas and a lot of people recommend the "crib sheet". So, i thought i would give it a try. I'll let cha' all know how it comes out but, for now thanks a bunch :Chatter
                    ~*~ FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TAKE HOME UGLY SNAGS ~*~

Comment

luvstraightdancrs~ Thanks! I thought that was the one. :Thumbs Only thing i ever heard the other for was leggings.

Comment

oh i love beading on that stuff but i cant seem to find it anywhere! and i just used up my last bit to make hairties!
                        ~*~¤(¯`·._» >The Prettiest People do the Ugliest things <«_.·´¯)¤ ~*~

Comment

Joann Fabrics carries it and it is usually located in the drapery/upholstery material section sometimes called crib sheeting also.

Comment

this stuff is the best to bead on. for alittle bit my stuff was kinda flimsy, but my sis told me to put paper bags or something underneath it. it makes my beadwork tighter and look better. oh yeah, they sell the changing pads at k-mart...less than $4, it come in 4 14x12 pieces. big enough for leggings or mocs.

Comment

Thanks for the info..... but Im unsure if I bought the right stuff?! The stuff I bought is sorta cottony, like basteing, the stuff that goes inside blankets. Not the kind that had like broadcloth on one side and plasticky stuff on the other, this one has that baste-ing stuff on both sides....... is this the wrong kind? I figured the other stuff was a bit flimsy.......?? HELP!
                              NO MY EYES REALLY DONT LOOK LIKE THAT........ THATS ME AS A BRATZ DOLL ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X