No announcement yet.

Lap Mat Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eagleclan22 - you need the other kind. It is soft on one side and a layer of plastic-rubbery stuff on inside. It appears to be flimsy but once you get started on it - works like a charm. If you want, put a piece of heavy paper on the underside to firm it up.

Go back and get the other - might be referred to as waterproof liner. Tell the clerk it is what you use for under the sheets of a crib mattress or like the old lap pads we used to carry in our diaper bags for changing baby.

Comment

The stuff I found has like a flannel like feel on both sides with the rubber in the middle. It has also been used as a protective pad for tables under cloth tablecloths.;)
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

i finally bought the right stuff and i think you have it.... when i went no one had all white though so, i ended up with little hands on one side and white on the other but, neither side feels like plastic.... hope this helps........................;)
        ~*~ FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TAKE HOME UGLY SNAGS ~*~

Comment

:wall: When I saw the title of this thread I thought:Thinking what da heck would this thread be about? I tried to guess before opening it. I thought "Nah, it couldn't be. They wouldn't be talking about a mat to put on your lap for that kind of dance."

I'm shamed that I was thinking this. :( :Eyepopper :Scared :Blush :wall: :dontknow:

Comment

Hey everybody, I just found that crib sheet material at Meijer and can't wait to try it out. It does seem a bit flimsy by itself, so I think I will try sandwiching some paper inbetween a couple pieces of it. I tried getting a needle through it and it went through very easily. Thanks for the excellent suggestion.

>>How many of you have used this stuff for making moccs? I would like to try applique beading on some moccs and am thinking about using this stuff. Is it breathable, or will my feet sweat a lot if I use it for moccs?<<

Comment

This works great for mocs - don't have to worry about them stretching out of shape. Breathability is okay. But I use some sort of liner.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X