Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luvstraightdancrs
    replied
    This works great for mocs - don't have to worry about them stretching out of shape. Breathability is okay. But I use some sort of liner.

Leave a comment:

• Suzizila
    replied
    Hey everybody, I just found that crib sheet material at Meijer and can't wait to try it out. It does seem a bit flimsy by itself, so I think I will try sandwiching some paper inbetween a couple pieces of it. I tried getting a needle through it and it went through very easily. Thanks for the excellent suggestion.

>>How many of you have used this stuff for making moccs? I would like to try applique beading on some moccs and am thinking about using this stuff. Is it breathable, or will my feet sweat a lot if I use it for moccs?<<

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied
    :wall: When I saw the title of this thread I thought:Thinking what da heck would this thread be about? I tried to guess before opening it. I thought "Nah, it couldn't be. They wouldn't be talking about a mat to put on your lap for that kind of dance."

I'm shamed that I was thinking this. :( :Eyepopper :Scared :Blush :wall: :dontknow:

Leave a comment:

• jingle genie
    replied
    i finally bought the right stuff and i think you have it.... when i went no one had all white though so, i ended up with little hands on one side and white on the other but, neither side feels like plastic.... hope this helps........................;)

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    The stuff I found has like a flannel like feel on both sides with the rubber in the middle. It has also been used as a protective pad for tables under cloth tablecloths.;)

Leave a comment:

• luvstraightdancrs
    replied
    eagleclan22 - you need the other kind. It is soft on one side and a layer of plastic-rubbery stuff on inside. It appears to be flimsy but once you get started on it - works like a charm. If you want, put a piece of heavy paper on the underside to firm it up.

Go back and get the other - might be referred to as waterproof liner. Tell the clerk it is what you use for under the sheets of a crib mattress or like the old lap pads we used to carry in our diaper bags for changing baby.

Leave a comment:

• eagleclan22
    replied
    Thanks for the info..... but Im unsure if I bought the right stuff?! The stuff I bought is sorta cottony, like basteing, the stuff that goes inside blankets. Not the kind that had like broadcloth on one side and plasticky stuff on the other, this one has that baste-ing stuff on both sides....... is this the wrong kind? I figured the other stuff was a bit flimsy.......?? HELP!

Leave a comment:

• side_steppn_jingle
    replied
    this stuff is the best to bead on. for alittle bit my stuff was kinda flimsy, but my sis told me to put paper bags or something underneath it. it makes my beadwork tighter and look better. oh yeah, they sell the changing pads at k-mart...less than $4, it come in 4 14x12 pieces. big enough for leggings or mocs.

Leave a comment:

• fafafancy
    replied
    Joann Fabrics carries it and it is usually located in the drapery/upholstery material section sometimes called crib sheeting also.

Leave a comment:

• ~*~ShanLyn~*~
    replied
    oh i love beading on that stuff but i cant seem to find it anywhere! and i just used up my last bit to make hairties!

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    luvstraightdancrs~ Thanks! I thought that was the one. :Thumbs Only thing i ever heard the other for was leggings.

Leave a comment:

• jingle genie
    replied
    :Angel2 you guys are the best. I traveled on down to Jo Ann's Fabric yesterday and there it was. I've been using canvas and a lot of people recommend the "crib sheet". So, i thought i would give it a try. I'll let cha' all know how it comes out but, for now thanks a bunch :Chatter

Leave a comment:

• luvstraightdancrs
    replied
    Mato - the flannel covered rubber one.

Leave a comment:

• Singing Otter
    replied
    It is pretty good. I had to make sure that I used really sharp needles though.... I know lap mat by the name of baby pad or crib cloth. I was a little lost at first but now i know. :p

It is pretty good to bead on. It doesn't ravel like some canvases can...

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    So then you are talking about the flannel covered rubber pads? Or cotton quilted?

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X