who has used these cones??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has used these cones??

ok so i just bought some new cones........i usually use redwood, well actually i alwayz use redwood but i was in a hurry and didnt have time to get other cones so i went ahead and bought these ones........they're mcpherson....but what i wanna know is if they have pretty much the same sound.........i already know that they're thinner and lighter.....but i wanna know if they sound different? thanks!
    ~*~¤(¯`·._» >The Prettiest People do the Ugliest things <«_.·´¯)¤ ~*~

Macphersons are cheap and rust out really quickly. I wouldn't use them on anything other than a "day dress".

Comment

im plannin on gettin other lids....these were jus a quick n cheap buy so i could get my dress goin......thanks for the info.....;)

Comment

I happen to have Missouri River cones on mine, in gold.

Is there really a big difference between the Redwood and Macpherson ones?

What about Copenhagen Snuff Can lids? Aiyeee ;)

Comment

If the McPherson ones are the thin ones that are like twizzlers I wouldnt reccoment using those ones,, unless of course like you said its just for temporary, or you dont dance often... They do tend to rust and if you happen to sit on them there they go .. because they are quite flimsy and dont have the same shine as the thicker ones, also they dont sound very loud, so if you like hearing your dress while your dancing those arent the ones to use... but if for some reason you cant carry a heavier dress with the thicker lids, then maybe that is a better option (for others who happen to read this) I would always reccomending using the thicker lids though those Eagle ones or whatever else there is... because they dont rust as fast, they keep their shine longer, theyre louder, they may be really heavy but they are more durable......... they ROCK! :)
          NO MY EYES REALLY DONT LOOK LIKE THAT........ THATS ME AS A BRATZ DOLL ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:

Comment

MacPhersons arent the ones that look like twizzlers, they actually say MacPherson on them. Hmmmmmm, maybe Im a bit lost here, but I have two dresses both with MacPhersons on them, and they havent rusted out on me or anything. Mind you, Im not running around in rain or anything *LOL*

So Redwoods are the recommended choice of jinglers in here ? I am about to start another dress, so I would like some imput :) Thanks.

R.

Comment

the cones i bought arent that flimsy but they still arent as strong as the redwoods that i normally use.....im not planning on keeping these cones for too long

Comment

i havent seen redwoods in a loooonng time...i agree, the macphersons arent the best thing out there, but i've been forced to use them in the past years. Also some really pretty jingles that i've heard n seen are Bridget Eaglespeakers they're really nice lookin and sound realllllly good... i guess she juss uses them over n over again. But anywho....any helpin finding redwoods would be kewl ;)
                .o0~CLAY~0o.

Comment

i can only seem to find places sellin gold redwoods....i like the sound of the redwoods the best and they're all ive ever used....so im still kinda iffy about usin the macpherson lids......:34:

Comment

You may want to search this forum for a cone poll or in the archives.... it had some good input.

My daughter and I do not like McPhereson's at all. I don't think they have a nice tone to them and they do rust and tarnish really fast. She hates them to try to cut and roll. They are thicker and stiffer than some of the ones she prefers. They tended to get a kink in them easier.

Silver Creek and Redwood we feel compare the most to Copenhagen's which are the #1 choice. She also doesn't mind Missouri River.
                    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

I have a dress with Redwoods and another with McPhersons and the Redwood cones are soooo much nicer in my opinion. But I haven't used any other cones. What other types do people recommend? Several people mentioned SIlver Creek? and Eagles? What are everyone's favorites?

Comment

Noc Bay use to sell Eagle lids...I think the guy said that they stopped making em.... Not sure if that is the case or not. Anybody know for sure? Eagle lids kick ***.
                        SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

:Chatter I've used Steve Eagles lids and I have to say his are definitely the best. He doesn't make them any more he said it was too expensive. So now I'm stuck using the Missouri Lids. They're okay but they're just not Steve Eagle's....:(

Comment

:) I'v had very good luck with mcpherson lids. I had a dress that was 8 years old and they still look good to this day. They are not rusted or anything. I think all lids depends on the tin because not all tin is the same. I know I use to work in a machine shop.
                            Bob Fultz out of NJ has any kind of lid you want and they are at the best prices. I do not have his phone# with me but call information and they will give it to you. FYI
                            SoftWind

Comment

ok so now im confused after hearin so many diff opinions.........i guess imma just have to try my luck with these cones....trial and error type deal i suppose eh? well i guess i let chaz know how goes it! lol

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X