side feathers or no side feathers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side feathers or no side feathers?

do u gurls wear side feathers? if you do, are they plumes or straight feathers?
    ~*~¤(¯`·._» >The Prettiest People do the Ugliest things <«_.·´¯)¤ ~*~

I have an eagle feather drop, and a scissor tail drop that I wear.

Comment

Are side feathers the same as wearing side barettes and is it just a jingle thing? I think I have seen some fancy shawl with them but I just want to be sure.
      There are 2 types of people in the world...
      Really stupid people who think they are smart
      and
      Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

"is it just a jingle thing?"

Nah, im fancy shawl and I wear mine all the time. Been thinking bout making one out of parrot feathers next.

Comment

ok, now my question!:)

I normally use plumes for the back of my hair, and have several small feathers that I would like to wear for the side.

Is that what is meant by side feathers?How would one wear them, or fix them? I dance both by the way:p

Comment

Yep, I wear side plumes. I also just made a matching barrette with side macaw feathers. I cant wait to try them out :)

Riverwoman, would like to help you out, but I dont do my own featherwork. My uncle does that stuff for me. If I can get a hold of him, I will ask him how to do it :)

Comment

side drops?

I like to use side drops myself, I have 2 little white eagle feathers, 2 sets of little straight feathers and a plume set.
              I like to wear them, swivels are good to have on them because they move with your every little movement.:chief:

Comment

hey ppl! i wear a side barret with a couple straight eagle feathers hangin down, its pretty awsome shyt..lol
                ~how u want that? tell me how u want that~baby how u wanna give it to me? a bad boy iz whut i need uh huh~

Comment

I wear back plumes, and some side plumes. I'm thinkin about some green macaws too, but i dont know if it would look right mixed like that. like with the back plumes and macaws on the side?

chenna
                  TARHEEL BORN, TARHEEL BRED, WHEN I DIE I'LL BE TARHEEL DEAD!

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

i like the way that the side drops look but, it can't be over done or you might look like you have a dog soldier cap on....lol, and i don't think you want that. i've always used my back plumes and i'm going to put about 5 small feathers on spinners to wear off to the side. That should be plenty.... i like the way the macaw look too, those are pretty...maybe for like afternoon session or when it's really windy...
                    ~*~ FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TAKE HOME UGLY SNAGS ~*~

Comment

side plumes for me, i like the way they kinda flutter during sidesteps. looks jus purty lol

Comment

Another question: How would you attach those feathers to spinners so that you can wear then? and what are spinners? Excuse my ignorance on that subject! I need to know how to attach them to something, so that I can wear them. I also have two smaller eagle feathers, around 5' each. How could I attach those so I can wear them on the side? And what about tiny plumes, I mean some that are less then 3', would anyone know how to fix them as well? Just wondering and curious

Thanks yal!:p

Comment

well what i do or have done is i've wrapped the ends of the feathers with embroidery thread and i have all the colors of my beadwork and stuff, and then i've attached either a necklace hook or a fishing spinner hook thingy to the end. i tied it with the thread.
                          or another time i used a bobby pin. i stuck it through the end of the feather and jus wrapped the thread around it.
                          these all made the hooks, and then on my barrette i put a clasp that could hook onto the hooks on the feathers and voila! thats how i had my feathers on

Comment

oh i dont know if you get what i was trynna say if ya need me to i'll try and clarify it a lil better for ya!

Comment

I use straight feathers for the back, and side... the side ones are just little, ones... they are so cute...three of them with a little fluff at the base... if I had plums i'd use them for the side...
                              Miigwetch

all's fair in love and pow wow.... see ya around

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X