Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you do that thing?

I got a question?
    You know those jingle dresses that haev an overcape?
    Examples, Yvette Ewak's purple dress, BJ's black one

Well, how do you make those overcapes?

Thanks, anyhelp will be appreciated
    Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

cape style dress

I went to the fabric store and bought a pattern for cape and dress together. I made the cape and cut it to the desired length. It looks great.
    chemika

Comment

But how do you shape the cape?
      Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

capes

Any way you want to.
        For every no good woman there is a no good man...be careful

Comment

Good source for a pattern would be cowboy shirts -- they have various types of capes, pointed, round....make your alterations - attach at neck - finish with bias tape or facing and you are in business. I have made a couple tradish shirts with capes -- look real nice!

Oh, I also stitch through cape and shoulder seam a little to keep it from sliding around. Just a hint!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• ojibwaysweetie
            ....:::Dress Construction:::...
            by ojibwaysweetie
            How do you all construct your dress? Do you do a top part, then the bottom, then sew the top and bottom together? Do you do one full dress then do an underskirt for it? I've done them both ways. What do yaz all do?
            08-06-2008, 07:09 AM
          • luvlumbee
            How do you construct YOUR dress??
            by luvlumbee
            I was just wondering how do you construct your dress. What I mean by this is, if you use satin do you line it? What other materials do you use for dresses besides poplin, cotton, satin, velvet etc,. I am all about experimenting!
            10-03-2002, 06:32 PM
          • CicelyThomas
            Jingle dress pattern ?
            by CicelyThomas
            I want to make my sister a jingle dress, how do I start ?
            05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
          • rk.purcell
            differences in patterns
            by rk.purcell
            i just got my pattern laid out and i was wondering if most dresses are seperated from top and bottom and then sewn together with the seam around the stomach or is there a way to make a dress as a whole and with the seams on down the sides,, which way is better. Please let me know before i go through...
            08-16-2007, 10:52 AM
          • Muzzie
            Making a jingle dress
            by Muzzie
            Hi everyone, I have a question in making a jingle dress. Do i have to work on the design and cones before sewing the dress or what? Do I have to the dress first and then the design. How many dress altogether. How do I do the leggings? If someone would help. The dress is for my little girl. she's th...
            04-15-2003, 01:05 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X