Help with material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with material

How do you guys sew sequined material, i noticed alot of jinglers use it, and i can't sew, i wanna put some designs on a t-dress for myself, and sew my niece a new jingle dress, thin thing is that the thread keeps tearing, and the needle gets sticky. So can anyone help me?
    '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
    SOUTHERN STYOZ
    '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

The only thing I can think of, is ask eithe FancyStar who did my fancy shawl regalia, or BlackBear. Both of those girls are great at what they do;)

Comment

I found a link with tips on working with this fabric which I'll post. It's probably better to click on the link and read on! Good Luck!

http://www.shira.net/cg/glitterdot.htm
      Last edited by Ruby 2sday; 01-14-2004, 09:51 PM.

Comment

okay well i'mma poor girl & i just put a little oil on my needle every now & then...not a lot though or it'll spot...aw heck i'mma check out that link though ....

Comment

Okay my mom had trouble w/ it too. But then she found this spray stuff. It comes in an aerosol can like hairspray. It is spray silicone. I don't remember the brand name. It is really easy to use-you just spray the fabric and the needle, and then the needle goes through like butter! You can get it at the fabric store.

Comment

Heck I think I'm going to try that next time eap7! :)

Comment

I had the same exact problem, until my mother gave me a lil secret that her mother gave her, we all sew a LOT!!

lol so I was all pissed off when that kept happening to me, heres the secret

WAX PAPER!!! IN BETWEEN YOUR 2 PIECES OF FABRIC..

It helps like a miracle I swear.
              Because when you sew with it alone it gets bunchy and your thread starts to bunch on one side and the needle gets sticky, so when you use the wax paper change your needle to a brand new one or a clean one, and sew away, its really good after and easy to tear off b/c of the needle punctures,... I swear on it, lol

The wax paper is a dream I swear my soul on it its that good, it dosent get sticky and your seams will be as perfect as sewing on regular good ol fabric. I just worked with that stuff last year too, this year Im going a bit different.

But I swear try it it helps SO SO SO MMUCH..

WAX PAPER ROCKS!!!!!
              NO MY EYES REALLY DONT LOOK LIKE THAT........ THATS ME AS A BRATZ DOLL ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:

Comment

i'mma try both tha silicone & tha wax paper...no not both at once.. cuz sewer's aid sucks...but anyways...never thought of using wax paper.....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X