No announcement yet.

swing away......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the jinlge dress is a healing dress, that every jingle should dance as you dance, when you watch a dancer dance and she gives you good feelings no matter what style then she is healing you, even the side step, so what if the dancer swings there arms, raises their hand or fan, point is we try to make you feel good. i saw the arm swinging and i felt it looked fun, i was there at Hinkley when they had that side step special, it was the most fun i ever had and i really enjoyed it, competition is so fierce now a days you have to do something to stand out from the rest, when i started dancing jingle back in the mid 80's there was controversy of where and who it belonged to, i got my first dress from the late Maggie White and like her style of the side step which is on the down beat, dancing powwow is a gift and to me i like to dance and really enjoy myself that's what it is all about, having fun....

Comment

the jinlge dress is a healing dress, that every jingle should dance as you dance, when you watch a dancer dance and she gives you good feelings no matter what style then she is healing you, even the side step, so what if the dancer swings there arms, raises their hand or fan, point is we try to make you feel good. i saw the arm swinging and i felt it looked fun, i was there at Hinkley when they had that side step special, it was the most fun i ever had and i really enjoyed it, competition is so fierce now a days you have to do something to stand out from the rest, when i started dancing jingle back in the mid 80's there was controversy of where and who it belonged to, i got my first dress from the late Maggie White and like her style of the side step which is on the down beat, dancing powwow is a gift and to me i like to dance and really enjoy myself that's what it is all about, having fun....

Comment

I was wondering where everyone is from and nobody really knows anything unless they have spoken to an elder personally my grandmother has told me everything and I respect all her wishes for me and that is to be respectful and dont look down on any one because what the creator has given you is a special gift and that is comin from a true WHITEFISH BAY woman who knows her stuff so dont act like you all know your **** unless its coming from some one who knows and I dont even know anything but much respect to my Great Aunt Maggie White

Comment

Well that post was a total contradiction to what you said in the whole thing, I didn't find you respectful at all and yes you did look down on everyone saying they don't know $h*t, looks like you take advice well. As for everyone else that posted on this thread, I guess you're all a bunch of bumbling idiots, from what I hear. LOL.
          Last edited by *Kwe_Zee*; 02-25-2003, 08:27 PM.

Comment

No kidding huh JiNgLe_MaMa, shes all talking about respecting others and not looking down on anyone then immediately after saying that she goes out saying "so dont act like you all know your ****" .....hah talk about a joke for a women geez.

Comment

Yup Yup exactly what Jingle Mama and Ojibway Tribe said....I agree!

Comment

:D Whats a bumbling idiot ? lol :Teeth j/k
                "In the depths of a mind insane
                Fantasy and reality are the same"
                - SLAYER

Comment

It's that face you put at the end of your post----->:Teeth :Teeth :Teeth :Teeth :Teeth :Teeth :Teeth lol...

Comment

well bumbling idiot here saying I wish I could actually hear someone who actually knew something but anyways :Chatter I dont know that much so I dont knock the ways of peoples dancing and thats what seems to be happening here all the time but does anyone really know the ways anymore or just trying to impress everyone by who is more traditional in a competitive world. All we are doing is judging and no one really cares about going by the traditional ways instead its who can get first and become known for that awesome move. Try to come off being traditional but just abusing it and brag about it but to be respectful keep it to yourself;)

Comment

oh and you get called down for anything too anh ojibway tribe
                      guys get all offensive when you try to talk ****!!!!!

Comment

Whateva girl, you don't even make sense when ya try to blast on us. So keep talking, keep judging everyone else for not knowing s**T, you try to come off humble but it does not appear that way at all. You say you don't know much but then act like a total know-it-all. And lastly, you're saying we're being judgemental about being traditional in a competitive world but then talk shhhht about girls that like to compete for first, or girls who are seeking prestige for a new move. What's the deal? What exactly is your point? Nah, don't even bother, if we've gotten to this many posts then never mind! I'm sure tired of bickering so I'll just stop right here. LOL. I'm like this :Yell but I'm really :Angel: when someone trys to make me feel like a :50:, I'm sure all these people that posted prior to this feels the same way.

Comment

swing awway

Originally posted by eagleclan22
                          The Late-Maggie White was from Whitefish Bay Ontario in the Lake of the Woods area. And yes of course she knew what she was doing, it is her Odihiziwin, her gift that she got from the spirit world. It was her father who had the vision of the dress and when she was sick he gave the dress to her.
                          :Chatter She knows her **** yall

Comment

Originally posted by fafafancy
                            Hey Ms. T.J.,

Get your mom and aunties to say what they think! I really think that they were instrumental in keeping the Jingle dress alive when it was dying out in the 70's and 80's. They were and still are my heros. They had a wicked team dance back in the day. I remeber dancing with them at Baraga when it was the first time that they had seen jingle Dress Dancers there. They are some very powerful women. What about all those elders from Ponemah and Cass that were totally grey-haired and still dancing, they were awesome.

My didnty Selma comes on here from time to time, as for Norma, Helen, my mother Clara, and my cousin Pam they're around they still dance how they used to, nothings really changed, cept my mom looks really cute and mindy'ish :D she keeps me in check when it comes to my jingle dress dancing. We keep ourselves busy, once in a while they get to remebering there travels, lots places where they have jingle dresses now they never saw them. The places they went didnt have a catagory for them, so they did exhibition dancing, blanket dances just so they could get home. Most of the places they went the people invited them to stay at there houses and things of that nature. I like hearing about them stories, makes me think about where we went, in terms of the whole jingle dress competition thing. they used to tease my mom some about the way she danced, she has an old style shuffle, but does the contemporary moves. its wonderful to see, she has one foot on the ground at all times. makes me miss my mommy now! :Cry anyhow, by the time i came into being they decided to keep us in school so we just traveled int eh sumer time n stuff...
                            There can only be 2 moccasins on your feet at one time...however life has given me many pair...along with a needle, thread and really sharp teeth to cut with...lmao

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb

Comment

lmao *raises the white flag*

Yeh Witchy exactly what I'm thinkin' now, I might be stealin your name soon LOL... that name doesn't fit you girl! You keep it together too much, oh wait, cep that one time LOL.. jk. I got a little hothead everybody that knows me knows that, but I know when to back down and what not, I just know what it's like to be belittled, as does everyone else, sometimes I just gotta rant... but it's cool now, it's been discussed, I've gone on with my internet life. LOL. Umm... next topic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetjingldresdancer
                                :Chatter She knows her **** yall
                                Lmao.... I leave for a second and then return...... lol
                                NO MY EYES REALLY DONT LOOK LIKE THAT........ THATS ME AS A BRATZ DOLL ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X