Need advice on Jingle Lids!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on Jingle Lids!

Well, this is a special year for my family. My granny passed away last July. I, as the oldest grand-daughter was asked to make her burial dress, and it was beautiful. My cousin and I decided it would be the time for my 13 yr. old daughter to come out in a jingle dress, made from the left over bridal fabric I made granny's dress from in August. For various reasons; my daughter will be dressed in honor of her memory, and carry on the traditions of this dress. My brother has been saving coppenhagen lids for years, to give to my daughter. I was wanting them; because our granny was the one who taught him how to save and roll them out of the edges correctly. I let him know I would need them soon, as to get her dress started. HOWEVER; if a month comes and goes, I will need to look elsewhere. On Nocbays website, they have a lid I cannot identify, and they state that this is a premium lid, that is heavier than others. I need the advice of you other jingle dress makers about the best lids I could buy or attain, as I do not want to use something totally inferior to the coppenhagen lid. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone knows the identity of the lid at: http://www.nocbay.com/store/metalite...ids_cones.html Please let me know...

Personally I wouldnt use those ones but thats a personal preference. Mcphereson (sp) tend to tarnish quicker. those other ones for I didnt care for the sound they make. I used ones with indian time written on them. http://home.att.net/~randvjingles/catalog.html those can be purchased from that site, I didnt order through them I bought mine the last time I went to Schemitzun well like 600 of anyways just my 2 cents hope it helps ya out on jingles anyways
    "In the depths of a mind insane
    Fantasy and reality are the same"
    - SLAYER

Comment

My daughter wants me to get the ones with the large rose in the center that just say powwow around the edge. Personally I like the ones that say powwow time, for my own silly reasons. I want to get the ones that will hold up to rust or tarnish, and make a really nice sound.

Comment

OK, so my brother has sent me a lot of copenhagen lids; thank goodness he came through for us. HOWEVER, I have a couple dozen that have little bitty spots of rust, and want and need advice about making these lids usable again. I'm guessing that if I lightly sand off the bad spots; roll them and spray the cone with rust-oleum or something it might stop the problem. I also see that the hardware store does sell this stuff in metallic colors. PLEASE, if anyone has an opinion on my problem, or has tried my ideas, let me know right away, I would appreciate your help.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Step away from the rustoleum (or something like it). lol j/k I sprayed it on just one and it made the jingle oddly sticky (whether rolled or as a lid).... and when i sound tested it, they sounded hella odd.

My guess is to try a polishing cloth or see if you can replace some of em without having to take the dress apart.
            SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

These are copenhagen lids that were just sent to me, not ones coming off a dress. I just think it would be a darned shame not to be able to use all of them, and I'm trying to figure out a good way to save them from further rust.

Comment

Not sure how to take it off but....

I've heard of WD40 and I've heard using turtle wax.
                SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X