Jingle dress colors???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jingle dress colors???????

My daughter only have a buckskin southern style and black and red are not used especially for my family colors. since jingle is neww and all colors are open , do you yhink i could use black and red? my daughters name is raven so i wanted a black dress and to adorn her with black feathers with her cordinating colors. do you think this is okay? by the way im not a neewbie i just have two screen nmaes desiree is my other you can check that screen names rep if you want. thank you
    Desiree"little fawn"

I think the red and black jingle dress is a great idea....with a black background...yeah...thats good. See, the way I look at it is that the black will make her "pop" and "stand-out" in a crowd, because u'll know......but I wanted to ask if u were going to use silver or brass, or gold cones on the dress....?
    I was gonna say maybe by her feel somewhere to put a lil bit of yell/orange to represent the birds anatomy....yellow legs.feet, blk body, ect.

Comment

ty for your post and good ideas. i am going to use silver cones.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Haliwa Indian Gal
        Is it Allowed!
        by Haliwa Indian Gal
        Hey Jingle Dancers,
        If I see a Jingle Dress I really like that is for sale on the internet,but doesn't look quite like I want it or not the perfect fit,and I print it out and get- say my aunt-to make it using the same concept and style but adding on and a different...
        01-07-2002, 09:54 PM
      • nativ_5_o
        unfit jingle dress
        by nativ_5_o
        my daughter cheyenne was jingle dancing for awhile, someone hurt her feelings really bad at a powwow and she never felt the same about dancing. An elder yanked her out of the arena and took her off to the side and told her that she and her family were disrespecting the dance and that her dress was...
        05-02-2003, 03:01 PM
      • sunshine_02
        Requesting any and all help to make my first jingle dress!
        by sunshine_02
        I'm 23 and getting back into dancing, but I would love to make my own dress, but don't even know where to begin. So as a baby trying to take baby steps and learn things the correct way I am asking for some help. I don't even know where to begin, except that my passion and love of powwows will keep me...
        08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
      • native_bead_queen
        jingle dress designs anyone
        by native_bead_queen
        hey im looking for a way to do my jingle dress. i already have my design but i need a way to hang my jingles and to make the dress. any info please help. my email is [email protected] so you can just email it to me. thank you.
        03-17-2005, 02:22 PM
      • rk.purcell
        differences in patterns
        by rk.purcell
        i just got my pattern laid out and i was wondering if most dresses are seperated from top and bottom and then sewn together with the seam around the stomach or is there a way to make a dress as a whole and with the seams on down the sides,, which way is better. Please let me know before i go through...
        08-16-2007, 10:52 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X