Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I ask what is a compittion style dress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I ask what is a compittion style dress?

For me, I like my dresses to be in a straight row(s) because that's how you get the best sound. I don't like the dress to have too much going on because it draws attention away from the dance itself.
    Rachel

i think a competition style dress is a fancy one that matches the dancers skill.and yeah i agree that straight rows of jingles make a better sound..
    ~*don't panic, eat bannok*~

Comment

I'm trying to dance again, but my Grandma died last year and even though we are "technically" out out of mourning....I'm not. So I don't feel like it would be right to dance again when I'm not healed myself.

When I was watching the jingle dress dancers I found myself more focused on the dress and not the dance at all.????
      Rachel

Comment

my condolances on your grama, is there not some sort of trail of tear? sorry if that is said wrong, does that help? and you will know when you are ready to dance. i agree also that some of these dresses are getting a little crazy next thing there will be fire works attatched to the dress. and straight jingles are not only the best sounding that is the way they are supposed to be.
        may your heart be at peace.
        Originally posted by rachelg196
        I'm trying to dance again, but my Grandma died last year and even though we are "technically" out out of mourning....I'm not. So I don't feel like it would be right to dance again when I'm not healed myself.

When I was watching the jingle dress dancers I found myself more focused on the dress and not the dance at all.????
        A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

Thanks! I mean we've had the ceremony to bring the family out of mourning... it's just that I can't get over her being gone. It was honestly, the saddest day of my life and one that still makes my heart ache. Kinda ironic if you knew my name.
          Rachel

Comment

Sorry

Originally posted by rachelg196
            Thanks! I mean we've had the ceremony to bring the family out of mourning... it's just that I can't get over her being gone. It was honestly, the saddest day of my life and one that still makes my heart ache. Kinda ironic if you knew my name.

I know how you feel, it took me long time to get over my unchi's passing as well. She raised me. I see you are from the Bay Area? Cali right? Well, I live just south of Fresno. Also I have some (lakota) family in the Delta area and in Central Valley.
            Anyway, hope your heart 'heals' soon.

Toksa!
            ~*~If you get mad, you just have to get glad again~*~ No sense in wasting your time with anger~*~

>!< KIMIMILA>!<

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X