side feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side feathers

Just wanted to get some input from other peepz.....
    We have 2 hawk wings .....someone told us they looked like chicken hawk and we wanted to make a fan. Also, I was wondering w/ those type of feathers, would it be possible to use them as side feathers? Any info would be helpful. :)
    V.W

i dunno what side feathers are anyways!
    If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

I've seen only one or 2 girls around with those as sides....but I wouldn't encourage using them as side ones. They don't look that good you know? What else are you using as side feathers right now? Anything? You could use some small coloured macaw feathers for side floppies if you want to go that route. Let me know what you've decided or if you need anymore help.

Chenna
      TARHEEL BORN, TARHEEL BRED, WHEN I DIE I'LL BE TARHEEL DEAD!

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

Hey chenoa.....I wear a plume on the side w/ my bigger plume on top. My sis has 2 colorful parrot feathers she wears on the side and we also have 2 feathers we havent worn yet that look like macaw. How do you attach your side feathers to a barette?
        V.W

Comment

parrot feathers? hmm that is different
          If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

What do you mean parrot feathers are different? Well I have seen bright green, blue, red and more colors of macaws on at least 100 dancers, than theres yellowhammers and that, they all look extremely dope, I wear 4 eagle feathers they are about 6 inches long each, they are mostly white with brown spots, I wear plumes on the back, I would prefer to wear plumes on the side too but mine got old and rugged. I also have these kewl lookin red and black feathers there cute but it all depends on the color your wearin. You cant rock red and black feathers with a pink and purple dress but really it depends on the feather work and colors of the feather work. You do know what that is.....right?
            ~* Tha ONE and ONLY RAE RAE..dont let cheap imitations fool you*~

Comment

Just please people dont get and dont wear those fake dyed wannabe macaws at walmart ...those are a big NO NO. I'm talkin bout them little tiny about three inch long feathers where even the stem has bee colored....eeewww. I mean hackels and fluffs have their use but those just dont.

Comment

LOL... no kidding about cheap Walmart feathers!!!!!! Talk about cheap and tacky! Don't settle for less girlies, hook it up where it looks nice and classy. I got those same feathers, about five of them, the flat white eagle feathers that have a little brown on them, they're absolutely gorgeous.:)

Comment

Hey Jingle Mama...I know who you are...I met you once through Netawn...... Jingle Mama has some nice stuff guys!!!!

Comment

Oh wow, I think I know who you are too! Did you stay at my house once? Miigwetch for the compliment girl, feels good since it took me alot to finish it. :)

Comment

Hey Jingle Mama...yes I did....down in Flag Staff.....right? Yes I have a pic of the girls wit my son...I took it while we were there...its sooo cute!!!!Thanks again for letting us stay....and you deserve all the compliments you can get on your work...it realy is nice!!!!!

Comment

feather care

Here is a good tip to make feathers look good longer. I mix mineral oil and water and put it in a spray bottle. Adjust it to fine spray and spray your feathers. Use a very soft tooth brush and gently brush each feather. They will shine like new
                        chemika

Comment

as my side feather i was thinking either a plume
                          or i could use domestic goose...but doestic goose doesnt flop down as well..i've seen some white turkey (i think they're turkey) that flop down very well adn are very much used..what do you all think?

Comment

no.1 jingler,
                            side feathers are feathers that are mostly positioned on the side of your hair by useing a medicine wheel hair tie or rosette hair tie
                            ...so are even positioned in the back...right next to and below the main big hair plume...their just additional feather showing that you are taken but not married at least thats whats been always said to me....................

:Chatter

Comment

Hey Chemika, good tip, I have one feather that my friend gave to me that needs major cleaning, I'll have to try that one. Blibgbling, that means alot, especially coming from a fellow jingler, one from my area too. :D

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X