Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working Out - What do Jingle Dancers do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cute_jinglin_sweetie
    replied
    I agree with Suki, I mean Jingle Mama...LOL. I don't drink pop either, maybe at a birthday party or something, but I do drink LOTS of water. It really does help you feel better. You don't have that bloated feeling from pop. I know I need to lift heavier, but I just hate doing it! I'd rather run a few miles personally. I ran my first 5K last Saturday, that was lots of fun...all the people and getting to see my time at the end (30:12), it was definatly a change of pace which I needed. Oh yeah, that's another important thing, you really need to change up your workout or you'll hit a plateau (you won't get any results for a while). That's my advice....oh yeah can't wait to see the rugrats this summer Jingle Mama:D !

Leave a comment:

• jingle genie
    replied
    Thanks blingblingjinglediva more cookies for me.... :p :dancer:

Leave a comment:

• Wakalapi
    replied
    Muscles have two kinds of fibers, commonly referred to as simply slow-twitch and fast-twitch fibers. Depending on your genetics, if you tend to be more athletic in build, your muscles probably have a higher degree of fast-twitch fibers. Exercises such as weightlifting tend to benefit the slow-twitch fibers, while plyometrics tend to benefit the fast-twitch fibers. Plyometric exercises involve sudden muscle contraction, such as in jumps and hops. Simple jumping jacks with high repititions will do wonders for calves and surrounding muscle groups, particularly in terms of firming up and building endurance. Using an exercise trampoline will generally give the legs a good burn.

Drink lots of water!

Leave a comment:

• blingblingjinglediva
    replied
    ok I stopped buying cookies guys.....I think its helpin a lot!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• *Kwe_Zee*
    replied
    Yeh I hear ya! No Pop for me! I can't stand the taste, too darn sweet for me. Bleck! And cute_jinglin, woman you need to shut your piehole! lmao, I know you and let me tell everyone you're just a tiny little thing lol. I don't have no remorse for ya lol , especially after wearing those tiny jeans home after having your big cutie lol. Hehe, I can't stand junk food no more, I'm like your sister now cutie... I still got a fetish for COMOJATY cheese :P jk. lmao.... Witchy, yep that's the way to go, alternating, I would think my trainer would know too since he is a muscled out beast that used to compete in all those competitions. lol. Try to keep your protein intake consistent too, I drink protein shakes cuz Im so busy. And cutie, lift HEAVY if you're just lifting two times a week, just don't injure yourself. lol. Oh yeah, walking/running in the sand is a awesome workout!

Leave a comment:

• Ruby 2sday
    replied
    Yeah Jingle Mama I had a trainer once...LOL...she told me it's best to alternate...plus my sis is super fit and lives at the gym so she advises me sometimes too! Oh yeah no soda either carbonated stuff is baadddd!
    Last edited by Roobz; 01-14-2004, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cute_jinglin_sweetie
    replied
    Well, for me I also work out 5 or 6 days a week. Everyday I do step aerobics with 2 risers and after that I'll do 30 minutes on some kind of cardio machine (treadmill or stairmaster usually). I really hate strenght training, but try to do it AT LEAST 2X a week. I really like cardio a lot it works very well for your stamina during a song. Sounds like a lot, and I should be skinny, but I LOVE JUNKFOOD! :D Not that I'm fat, but not a rail...lol.

Leave a comment:

• creejingledress
    replied
    :bouncy: To get myself in shape I practice dancing on a regular basis..20 minutes at least to break a sweat and get the heart rate up.....sit ups...light weights and drinking lots of water. Really helps you lose weight and helps to keep up with quickening beats. My friend asks me how I practice...and I tell her I practice to fast songs, like High Noon, Noon express tapes, instead of slow ones. That way I can dance to any song that comes up unexpectedly....and dance easier on the slow and medium beats. I even practice to the not so good songs for a challenge.lol

Leave a comment:

• ~*~ShanLyn~*~
    replied
    working out??? whats that???

Leave a comment:

• *Kwe_Zee*
    replied
    Yep practice practice practice makes perfect :D powwowgirl, my trainer would never let me do all that in one day, we stretch it out like Sweet's workout, legs one day, arms the next... etc. .etc... I like to do Cardio every day too, I looove to run but it's hard on my legs sometimes. Yes smoking is sick! Bleck! I'm getting winded just thinking about it, been there, done that. lol.

Leave a comment:

• pueblo_honey
    replied
    Here, I run in the soft sand up hill and do calf rises.

Leave a comment:

• blingblingjinglediva
    replied
    Yeah I never get tired just outta breath cuz I have bad asthma...I never smoked and never will, thats yucky girls...c'mon you can kick the habit!!!!!I believe in yall!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jinglin Chica
    replied
    Originally posted by turquoise*schuy
    I don't really exercise I already have alot of energy. But I run to keep my energy cause I smoke!! It can be hard to dance sometimes cause I get so out of breath from smoking!!!
    me too... can't break the nasty habit! :p

Y'all are makin' me feel guiltly, guess I'll go out and get some exercise now!! :Chatter

Leave a comment:

• turquoise*schuy
    replied
    I don't really exercise I already have alot of energy. But I run to keep my energy cause I smoke!! It can be hard to dance sometimes cause I get so out of breath from smoking!!!

Leave a comment:

• blingblingjinglediva
    replied
    Originally posted by saponi
    Blingblingjinglediva......we've got alot in common...robins eggs..paintin the lips...and cookies!! I had cookies and milk while I was on here last night!
    we do huh .....I just got done eatin cookies just now...i dance a lot though..so I dont have to practice...last night I danced at a Bulls game in Chicago. I danced for an hour and a half straight through. We do a lot of demos during the week around here. So thats when I practice.Theres gonna be a pic of me in my outfit on bulls.com. Check it out!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X