How many Jingles?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Jingles?!?!?

Some chics have the 365 Jingles on theyre dress and only 365, others have 4 more for the four directions, some have 365 plus theyre age.

Whats up with that?!
    ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
    ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
    *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Whatever fits...I'm not good wit figuring out how many to put where.....most my dresses have over four hundred cones with 7 rows.....but my new ones only have four to five rows.......I dunno how many cones yet.
    ~* Tha ONE and ONLY RAE RAE..dont let cheap imitations fool you*~

Comment

i use 365 and divide it by the number of rows and that tells me how many jingles per row

~kelli
      If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

I was told long ago that you should have 365 cones no more no less and that there should be 7 rows. My last dress I have 300 cones and I think 6 rows. LOL If I put anymore cones on there it would look crowded. I guess nowadays it's up to you how much you want and what you think looks good.
        He's the type of rez I like
        ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

well....so many people have told me so many different things that i ask my Lakota family....they told me that there should be 5 rows but im really sure....but they never said anything about the number of them. but i think that it's pretty much however many you like on the dress, anymore.....and what looks good on it....:Angel2
          "A truly spiritual path depends upon sincerity and freedom of
          choice."
          -Jack Forbes a professor emeritus of Native American Studies at the
          University of California, Davis.

Comment

My uncle told me that I should have 366 cones. 365 for the days in the year, and 1 for myself.

:Angel2

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X