beadwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beadwork

Does anybody know how I contact someone about doing some beadwork for me? I recently finished my first fully beaded outfit, and it only took me 2 yrs. LOL. I already have all my beads for my new outfit but between work, school, and taking care of my son I can't find the time.(Or maybe its just cuz I'm lazy aaayyyy!)

This is a good start posting here.... may want to make one in the trading post or beadwork forum... some people look there that do not look in jingle. :Thumbs
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'm new to powwow.com so any help is very much appreciated. Miigwetch! Thank you!

Comment

i know whatcha mean..cuz i work alot of hours at the daycare and when i do get home i find no time...also withthe winter weather extended over here in ohio i was lazy to do anythang
        doing things lately at last moment...which isnt good.. the best thing to do is to substitute like i do while you're working on your beading...for hair ties and for scarf use leather laces and abalone shell disc...then for barette just buy off ebay or any company..this year im useing same bead barrette and puma shell disc for hair ties etc.....plain leggings and my mocs have some beadwork on them already

Comment

Hidatsachic24, I'm also in about the same position as you. The toddlers I deal with at work drain my energy & it is hard to get working on stuff. Right now, I am working on completing things like a set of beaded feathers and gourd dance beadwork for other people. At the same time, I am trying to work on things for myself. (Until I can finish some beading for myself, I will be wearing an old pair of white high top moccs.) I am finally getting the feathers completed this weekend, so I am one step to getting caught up. It's just a never ending cycle, but I'm a beadaholic & proud of it. :D

Comment

Suzila,
            hay so ya know how it is at daycare eh?...your totally right toddlers are draining...i used to be bead aholic myself and wish i had more time...but i just got new job at a new daycare so i hope i'll have more energy ...but then again its gonna snow here in ohio again...ugh!!! im so sick of snow wish it would go away...
            i got alotta projects to work on..

Comment

Hidatsachic24, what group of kids are you working with at your job? I know that when I get home, I usually end up taking a couple hour nap, so I am ready for what ever I am going to do that evening. My beading time is often cut down to during drum practice and during the weekend since I have so much going on in the evening. What are you working on?

Comment

suzila,
                hay well i teach 2 year olds...its a perfect age cuz they havent gone to the terrible threes yet...but i also interchange too between the infants and preschool too..i had one mexican kid who had a crush on me...its always miss becky this and miss becky that...it was too cute...but right now im working on a fully beaded choker witha drag useing czech 13/0 background color in satin white with black outlineing and wine for the main design color...i still have to think about the drag..

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X