No announcement yet.

Selling Outfits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your all wrong. You sposed to give your old stuff to the younger ones in your family....

thats it..

Comment

I think it depends

I know that my mom makes many dresses for free but also sells some to others who do not know how to make them, to cover her cotsts etc. I have found that the cheapest place for jingles in Canada is IROQRAFTS http://www.iroqrafts.com/ I am just ordering some online now for my mom ($150 CDN for 500)

Comment

yup

i think its ok to sell them as long as they will be taken care of & stuff (my dress i have now i bought)
        who lives in a pineapple under the sea? man i wish it was me!

Comment

i usually give my dresses away, or my mom will give them away. we don't sell our dresses, and my family RARELY takes orders... and i have a couple of dresses that were given to me from an older "sister" and we've bought a couple of my dresses... i thinks its okay to sell and buy, give away dresses as long as you know that the person you're giving them to will respect the dress, and hard work put into the dress and beadwork. but throwing it away.. WHY?!?! thats insane!!

Comment

I have never bought an outfit before but am contemplating on buying an outfit from a lady cuz she does beautiful beadwork for a good price. I traded some quillwork from a friend and have two beaded dresses that my granddaughter will have when she's big enough, that I beaded. Am also in the process of making her a beaded top for traditional dancing. I haven't really ever sold too many things, mostly have traded and I do that all the time. I don't see anything wrong with buying or selling a dress as long as it's a legit purchase, have to watch out these days for stolen outfits, beadwork, (sad but true). Then smudge it really good when you get it, or even if you are letting it go for sale or trade, pray for the person that will be getting it, so that it will go to the right person. :)

Comment

I'd rather hand it to my neices...you know...someone close in the family!
              '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
              SOUTHERN STYOZ
              '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

Comment

Originally posted by blingblingjinglediva
                I have heard of people throwing their stuff away though...what do yall think bout that......????I cant imagine throwing away a jingle dress.
                PM me their addresses babe.. I wanna go dumpster diving! ;) :taunting:
                "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

My Daughter wants to Dance. If you know anyone who has a childrens dress let me know.. She is a 5T she is 4 1/2 years old.

Thanks
                  Will
                  (Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape)

Comment

i am against selling anything outside my family.....and it hurts me to know that my cousin stole me favorite fancy shawl outfit and sold in.....i dont know where it is at!!!if u know me and saw my blue one on someone...please tell me...i want it back
                    WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
                    Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X