Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saukpuppet
    replied
    i am against selling anything outside my family.....and it hurts me to know that my cousin stole me favorite fancy shawl outfit and sold in.....i dont know where it is at!!!if u know me and saw my blue one on someone...please tell me...i want it back

Leave a comment:

• Red Blanket
    replied
    My Daughter wants to Dance. If you know anyone who has a childrens dress let me know.. She is a 5T she is 4 1/2 years old.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    Originally posted by blingblingjinglediva
    I have heard of people throwing their stuff away though...what do yall think bout that......????I cant imagine throwing away a jingle dress.
    PM me their addresses babe.. I wanna go dumpster diving! ;) :taunting:

Leave a comment:

• oOoSouthernStyozoOo
    replied
    I'd rather hand it to my neices...you know...someone close in the family!

Leave a comment:

• Kakeeya
    replied
    I have never bought an outfit before but am contemplating on buying an outfit from a lady cuz she does beautiful beadwork for a good price. I traded some quillwork from a friend and have two beaded dresses that my granddaughter will have when she's big enough, that I beaded. Am also in the process of making her a beaded top for traditional dancing. I haven't really ever sold too many things, mostly have traded and I do that all the time. I don't see anything wrong with buying or selling a dress as long as it's a legit purchase, have to watch out these days for stolen outfits, beadwork, (sad but true). Then smudge it really good when you get it, or even if you are letting it go for sale or trade, pray for the person that will be getting it, so that it will go to the right person. :)

Leave a comment:

• JingleJammer
    replied
    i usually give my dresses away, or my mom will give them away. we don't sell our dresses, and my family RARELY takes orders... and i have a couple of dresses that were given to me from an older "sister" and we've bought a couple of my dresses... i thinks its okay to sell and buy, give away dresses as long as you know that the person you're giving them to will respect the dress, and hard work put into the dress and beadwork. but throwing it away.. WHY?!?! thats insane!!

Leave a comment:

• lakotajingledancer
    replied
    yup

i think its ok to sell them as long as they will be taken care of & stuff (my dress i have now i bought)

Leave a comment:

• riotgirl007
    replied
    I think it depends

I know that my mom makes many dresses for free but also sells some to others who do not know how to make them, to cover her cotsts etc. I have found that the cheapest place for jingles in Canada is IROQRAFTS http://www.iroqrafts.com/ I am just ordering some online now for my mom ($150 CDN for 500)

Leave a comment:

• Weezel
    Guest replied
    Your all wrong. You sposed to give your old stuff to the younger ones in your family....

thats it..

Leave a comment:

• ~+~Heya~+~
    replied
    I could never throw any of my stuff away!!! Especially after I spend all that time on makin' it. Now I think theres sumthin' wrong wit that!

Leave a comment:

• blingblingjinglediva
    replied
    actually I pawned most my stuff........lol

Leave a comment:

• blingblingjinglediva
    replied
    HHHMMM at one time I had a closet full of old dresses, shawls, skirts and all that good stuff...now I just have a few, I've sold or traded 5 jingle dresses and I've sold or traded about 6 shawls wit matchin skirts or dresses and one southern clothe dress...in the past 3 years.....I now still have 5 shawls, wit matchin skirts, my fancy cape and leggings..jewelry included...two southern clothes sets..crown and buckskin leggings included...but only one jingle dress and I dance jingle most of the time.....weird huh.... I always sell, trade or give away stuff I know I'm done wit. I have heard of people throwing their stuff away though...what do yall think bout that......????I cant imagine throwing away a jingle dress.

Leave a comment:

• Majii
    replied
    Holy COW! 300 bucks for jingles? where you shoping?
    Yep, so far in Ontario, I have a real hard time looking for jingles for a reasonable price. Suppliers are rare and the people who do sell them mark the prices so high that I usually have to save up to buy them. My dresses are good for a couple more years before I start hunting for jingles again.

Leave a comment:

• j_j24
    replied
    selling dresses

Usually I clean my old dresses and give them away at family giveaways. I remember this one time I asked this certain girl to come to this ceremony cause she said she wanted to start dancing again, so she came to the giveaway and i told her ahead of time that she would get that dress. But yeah all my old dresses go to my little cousins. And if someone I know wants to start I will say come check my old stuff out. So usually I give them away.

Leave a comment:

• thizgirlpowwows
    replied
    Most of the time i give away my daughter's outfits to other kids that show a real interest in dancing. Sometimes they dont have anyone to make one or cant afford one, so I try my best to help them, although someone sold a outfit I gave them to a pawn shop because they needed money. oh well, i guess i still helped in a way.
    Last edited by thizgirlpowwows; 04-19-2003, 11:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X