Dress Outline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dress Outline

I am looking for ideas on the owtline for my new dress. I have the design in mind, but have no good patterns to go on and the one that crazy crow sells, it def. not what I am looking for. I want a 1 piece w/o sleeves. I will add those myslef. If anyone knows anyone who can help me please PM or email me. I either would like to make the dress outline myself or pay someone who can do a better job than I have had success at or find a pattern number that is helpful. Thanks!
    What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

You can use a button up shirt for a pattern. That's what I always do. Turn it inside out, or take it apart. Don't forget about seam allowances.

Of course, make sure that the shirt you use fits like you want your dress to.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Thanks Wyo for your help. I am going shopping tonight to find a shirt with the cut that I am looking for in a dress. Thanks so much for your help.
      What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

Comment

I once helped my friend's daughter make a dress out of a satin western shirt. I think it was a man's shirt cuz it was kinda long, and we added a skirt to it and designs.
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

With Easter coming up, the fabric stores are having sales. You can get some sewing patterns for .99 cents each. Might be cheaper than buying a shirt to cut up, lol! Look for a simple dress pattern among the patterns rated Very Easy. McCall's #5502 is one possibility. Once you have the basic dress outline, you can tinker with it to suit your taste.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• ajidamoo
            Dress pattern
            by ajidamoo
            I am having the hardest time finding a plain old dress pattern. I'm fairly new to sewing and I want to make my next jingle dress. Someone else made my last one for me, this time I want to do it myself. I just can't find a good pattern for it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
            03-19-2006, 10:00 AM
          • racchr
            Making a Jingle Dress for my toddler HELP!
            by racchr
            Ok so i have never really sewn before... I have but nothing like a dress. My baby is 16 months and im making her first jingle dress. Ive heard that cotton is the best material to use.. (is this correct) Is there a place to get a SIMPLE pattern to follow?? Also i am looking for the name of a certain...
            05-15-2013, 04:01 PM
          • native_bead_queen
            jingle dress designs anyone
            by native_bead_queen
            hey im looking for a way to do my jingle dress. i already have my design but i need a way to hang my jingles and to make the dress. any info please help. my email is [email protected] so you can just email it to me. thank you.
            03-17-2005, 01:22 PM
          • sunshine_02
            Requesting any and all help to make my first jingle dress!
            by sunshine_02
            I'm 23 and getting back into dancing, but I would love to make my own dress, but don't even know where to begin. So as a baby trying to take baby steps and learn things the correct way I am asking for some help. I don't even know where to begin, except that my passion and love of powwows will keep me...
            08-13-2007, 09:09 PM
          • just_kitty
            traditional choctaw dress
            by just_kitty
            I've been trying to find a pattern for a traditional choctaw woman's dress - anyone out there have a good source?

thanks
            kitty
            09-24-2006, 04:30 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X