This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• lakota_eyez
    Jingle Dress History
    by lakota_eyez
    well I'm looking for someone an ojibway who knows the ceramony of a jingle dress. I jingle dress dance but and I started out long time ago and from what I've been told there is a cermony that needs to be done in order to dance jingle??
    and I didn't do it right I just slap on a jingle dress cause...
    07-20-2006, 08:18 PM
  • nativ_5_o
    unfit jingle dress
    by nativ_5_o
    my daughter cheyenne was jingle dancing for awhile, someone hurt her feelings really bad at a powwow and she never felt the same about dancing. An elder yanked her out of the arena and took her off to the side and told her that she and her family were disrespecting the dance and that her dress was...
    05-02-2003, 02:01 PM
  • IndianWoman3000
    Should jingle dress dancers have a competition?
    by IndianWoman3000
    Since eveyone has an opinion or knowledge of jingle dress dancers, here is my question. If Jingle dress dancers are supposed to be about praying and only certain people should be jingle dress dancing, then how do you judge a good jingle dress dancer? Should there even be a jingle dress competition,...
    08-29-2005, 11:41 PM
  • Red Pride
    Jingle Dress Dancing Protocal and info.
    by Red Pride
    My daughter is 6 and a half years old. She has always taken an interest in pow-wows, and recently began dancing during every inter- tribal. Somebody had given her a Fancy Dance Shawl regalia, and she was very grateful. She wears it with pride and respect. Lately though, she has been dancing more of...
    05-22-2002, 07:22 PM
  • Jibbyâ„¢
    Jibz Vent...
    by Jibbyâ„¢
    Does anyone actually go through the proper channels anymore to be a Jingle dancer???:Yell Or do girls just one day decide that they are going to make themselves a dress and start dancing?

This irriatates me on a next level, because this dress originate's from my tribe. I am OJIBWE and...
    11-13-2003, 09:00 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎