Children Dancers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children Dancers

What does everyone think about children dancing jingle? I've heard some some people say they don't care and others are against it cause of the history of the dress and dance.

I think that children over the age of 6 or 7 can dance jingle as long as they understand the meaning of the dress and what it's for. I think children under 6 do not have the understanding of what the dress is for. They need to be aware of the responsibilities that comes with the jingle dress.

Comment

children dancers

I feel that children should be able to dance whatever style they wish. It is up to the parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles, and all there relatives to encourage them to dance period. All of my children and grandchildren have been dancing since they were able to walk. Some still do or they drum and sing. If you were involved with pow-wows your whole life, you are taught the right ways to carry yourself and it will be passed down to your children and grandchildren. :Angel2

Comment

i think its all good as long as they know the meaning behind the dress...its like give them time they are just learning...in time when they get their colors in their dress will change and so will their attitude towards it...as long as they keep on being tought the right way..i mean their just kids they dont take anything seriously at that age

Comment

MY LIL SISTER USE TO DANCE JINGLE AND SHE WAS 5!!! SHE WAS GETTING PRETTY GOOD AT IT TOO.... I SEE NOTHIN WRONG WITH IT.... ITS ALL GRAVEY!!!!:) :)
          "Im givin you shot gun only because im going inside".

Comment

i think it is a good thing......

I think children should be able to dance. Just as long as they know why they are dancing. My daughter has been a jungle dress dancer for a few years now. She understands the meaning behind the dress.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X