Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories

so i've noticed here on this good ol web site that most if not all the threads pertaining to this style of dancing is very serious, i know that its due to the respect that we have for it, however life isnt always serious. When i think of my role models (the mindy moog) and how they conducted themselves i smile and giggle because thats how they were...i still keep in mind mrs white, evelyn....and good old Meesh lmao aka bessi tom...i miss them from time to time watching them jam and laugh at their private jokes...lol but in all realness (is that a word?) i try to be like them, beacuse without laughter your not really living...lmao and laughter is considered medicine, the best next to the jingle dres ;) lmao
    There can only be 2 moccasins on your feet at one time...however life has given me many pair...along with a needle, thread and really sharp teeth to cut with...lmao

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb

A Great Thread

Boozhoo Flutterby,

This is a really good idea to bring some good memories here. One of my favourite memories is when I first went to Eagle Lake powwow. My and my friend Audrey camped there and danced. There were 90 Jingle Dress dancers in the grand entry that Saturday evening. It was just a nice karma in the air all weekend. No contest, no hurrying and scurrying to get ready in time, just relax and visit friends and make new ones. When was exhibition for us, the people had a hard time hearing the drummers/singers cuz was lots of us dancing all at once. The MC got all the Jinglers to form a circle and then had us go around in a circle in single file to the beat of the drum, he talked about how the dress originated and how these women are warriors, protectors of our families, mothers, grandmothers, aunties. Then he had all the men traditional dancers dance in the middle as we continued to dance our single file circle. Eventually all dancers came into the circle, as we still dance on the outside single file. Once all dancers were invited to the middle, then we joined in. There was an honour special for a 107 year old Gramma, from Lac La Croix. It truly was an honour to shake her hand and give her a lil hug. :) The powwow committee put out rations at your tent early in the morning. There was a loaf of bread, eggs and bacon to cook up at your camp. But, it was a really good, relaxing time, visiting and laughing with friends and making new ones. Was just a feeling of reality there. I haven't been there in the last three years but will make that effort to go again next year. Everyone should experience it just once. !
    "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

I remember rations! lol make me soud old...lmao ok heres a memory that might make you smile, especially those who know mrs. tom...

I'm not sure about the time like the year or month or even the pow wow i do know that it was when we were in cananda (my mother, my aunts and myself i dont recall my bro being there however) anyhow, it was after grand entry and i went to go find my mother to see if she could braid my hair ( i think i was just going into Juniors) i had saw her with this lady in a pink dress with blue trim, a wing fan (i knew what that meant) a white kerchef in her hand and she was talking to my mother they were laughing and having a good time...i stayed behind a good distance so i wouldnt hear what they saying, cause my ma taught me not to be rude lol anyhow when i saw them just strolling instead of dancing and laughing i asked my ma, she said yeah lets go, as we were going i heard bessie say "gawaabam meesh" i looked at her with an open mouth and got really red really fast lmao she laughed really hard... later that day she came to me and said it was meant for my mother she didnt know that i understood ojib lmao from then on she called me meesh and i her...like i said in my first post i miss them kind of moments, and i try to be like that cause well lmao theys funny! lmao
      There can only be 2 moccasins on your feet at one time...however life has given me many pair...along with a needle, thread and really sharp teeth to cut with...lmao

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb

Comment

LMAO Meesh, ..thats cute!

That time at Eagle Lake, there was a big big big teaching there for everyone. One day I will type it out here in one of these threads for everyone to read. Gigawabamin minawa Meesh. eeeeeeeeeee!

"Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X