Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans

I have a question about the fan. Is it mandatory for a jingle dancer to have a wing fan or can a regular fan do??
    I'd rather live on the side of a mountain than to wander through canyons of concrete and steel...

i see the majority of jinglers out there with tail fans, so i'm guessing either one will do
    Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

Fan

Either, just as long as you have one ;)

Comment

fans

I agree. If you are dancing contemporary your best bet is a flat fan but a wing fan will do as well. If you are dancing old style jingle they dance without a fan or plumes in their hair and keep their steps to a very dignified shuffle of the feet changing the rhythm every now and then. The footwork must be balanced on both sides. I was taught to raise my hand on the honor beats in old style or keep my hands on my hips. In comtemporary you raise your fan on the honor beats.;) :Angel2
        The needs of the many outway the needs of the one.............

Comment

heck naw...not manditory...especially if you live by great lakes area they see alot more jingle dancers without fans...i personally always use one to keep me kewled off especially during summers cuz as everybody knows when you dance you swet..and plus with my light eyes its keeps shade for me...i see alot more dancers (jingle) with tail fans than wing...

Comment

;) yep, either one is good - long as you have one
            Don't bring a JV player into my Varsity Game...

Comment

I'll be your #1 fan TaShunka Luta....Aye....:Chatter

Comment

WHEN I WAS A TEEN I USED THE WING FAN, THEN MY UNCLE GAVE ME A TAIL FAN BEADED HANDLE AND ALL. LUV YA UNC. SO I WOULD SAY WHAT EVER YOU DESIRE, FAN, WING, TAIL OR NONE. FOR ME IVEALWAYS USED A FAN I LIKE CARRYING A FAN AND RAISING IT UP ON THEM HONORS WITH MY OWN LITTLE "FAN WAVE"
                "Never be bullied into silence.
                Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Comment

Tail Fan is nice to have, but u should take what u are given. i myself have a tail fan as does my daughter:)
                  "In the depths of a mind insane
                  Fantasy and reality are the same"
                  - SLAYER

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.