Beautiful Dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Dancing

you ever been to a powwow when you see a very georgous dancer who just seems to enjoy what they are doing, but look beautufl at the same time. I went to the st.croix powwow, but i couldnt dance and I watched this jingle dress dancer who did old style. she looked like she knew what she was doing, probably been doing it for years, very light/majestic on her feet. Basically her dancing made me proud. I actually did get a chance to talk to this gal, and what blew my mind was that she does her dancing for fun and as she put she gets in her own world when she dances, adnshe doesn't care about winning money.THAT'S THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!! I attached a picture of her so maybe people know who she is.
    Attached Files

heh heh shes my myspace buddy and yeah shes a great person :D
    There can only be 2 moccasins on your feet at one time...however life has given me many pair...along with a needle, thread and really sharp teeth to cut with...lmao

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb

Comment

not to nit pick but her dress seems too short, her mocassins look like tandy shoes and her leggings are not beaded.

Comment

they drag him... I was commenting on her dancing not her moccasins or leggins. I have been dancng for years and beaded moccasins or leggins do not make a better dancer. the fact that i talked with her and she is PROUD to be dancing jingle dress and that's what matters, she has fun with it so who cares about her leggins and moccasins

Comment

oh my. that's a first that something like this has happened to me. first of all thank you for recgonzing my dancing and second of all my name is andrea gurske, so now you know. ntv flutterby...sup girl?
          they drag him...i am getting a pair of moccasins and leggins done by my auntie, but i think powwow spectator is right about beaded leggins or moccasins do not make a better dancer. it makes better regalia.
          yes powwow spectator, i have been dancing jingle since I was six yrs old, im now 24. and yes i do get into my own world when i am dancing...nobody else and nothing else is in that world when i am dancing.
          i do have to say that i have seen a lot of beautiful dancers overt the years who also lool like they know what they are doing. thank you. they can also be acknowledged.
          Wiconi Wakan Waste' Uha Winyan
          See you somewhere on the powwow trail

Comment

Originally posted by gurskea View Post
            but i think powwow spectator is right about beaded leggins or moccasins do not make a better dancer. it makes better regalia.
            You're right and I was just too quck to point out my opinion from the first impression from a photograph. I do think that once you put on the fully beaded leggings and moccasins, you'll be a better dancer. my baby sister got her first set of leggings when she was 13 years old. It took two years and three of us to finish them.

Comment

ed zachery! beadwork and flashy dresses do not make you a better dancer...however it does make you look good to the men lmao
              There can only be 2 moccasins on your feet at one time...however life has given me many pair...along with a needle, thread and really sharp teeth to cut with...lmao

Comment

I think if someone is enjoying dancing and carries herself with respect and pride, that's more important than beadwork every could be. There are plenty of people out there who don't have the time, money, skill or family support to make the ideal, "perfect" outfit but everyone has to start somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by eap7 View Post
                  I think if someone is enjoying dancing and carries herself with respect and pride, that's more important than beadwork every could be. There are plenty of people out there who don't have the time, money, skill or family support to make the ideal, "perfect" outfit but everyone has to start somewhere.
                  wow...you said it. Like you said peeps don't have time or skill or money. I just don't have the time for beadwork. I hardly have time to make dresses with working full time, going to school full time and raising two kids. Nobody really ever taught me to bead well, i pretty much had to teach myself. I AM stilll learning, i want to make sure I know what i am doing before I work on leggins and moccasins. But yeah i take great pride in dancing and love it alot. it's a very big part of my life. great post

Comment

Originally posted by native_flutterby View Post
                    ed zachery! beadwork and flashy dresses do not make you a better dancer...however it does make you look good to the men lmao
                    haha love it! i guess then that men look good to us too when they have beadwork too lol

Comment

Originally posted by gurskea View Post
                      haha love it! i guess then that men look good to us too when they have beadwork too lol
                      ed zachery lmao

Comment

Dancing is what you put into it. Sometime we get into that zone. You are physically there with all the rest, but yet you are somewhere else at the same time.
                        "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

True, true

I enjoy watching dancers that enjoy dancing too! You can tell when dancers love dancing. Kuddos to you Gal on dancing and keeping it going. When I dance, I feel more focused and ready for the up coming week. Don't worry about beadwork, it will come! Keep up the good dancing!
                          ***ONE MORE!!!***

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X