*Working All Day*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Working All Day*

How many jinglers here work a full time job, then you want your new dress and beadwork to get done for the new powwow season? You don't have all the time you'd like to get things done. Do you stay up late sewing and beading during the week, then have to get up for work the next day?

I do. :(

And I'm picky about who helps me because you want things done a certain way only you can do. lol. Working all day and then sewing at nights play havoc on my poor back. Seems I can sew for an hour now, as opposed to sewing nearly all night, I have to stop and take breaks a lot. *ouch*
    "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

I did that for my first set of beadwork and dresses. I would bead/sew in the evenings and all weekend when not working to get it done for a specific pow wow.

With my upcoming arrival, I doubt that I will have time to spend hours beading and sewing like I did. Good thing I have my older sister Debra for that. She is awesome and I totally trust her judgement when it comes to making my stuff. I get the feeling that I will be relying on her alot more.

Comment

I did that and my son was a little over a year but I really wanted to have new beadwork. I stayed up tons of nights and any other time I could just to lay more beads down. Now w/two I don't know how I'm going to finish anything...

I'll be your cheerleader though... YOU CAN DO IT!! GO ojibwaysweetie GO!!! :)
      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaywmn View Post
        I did that for my first set of beadwork and dresses. I would bead/sew in the evenings and all weekend when not working to get it done for a specific pow wow.

With my upcoming arrival, I doubt that I will have time to spend hours beading and sewing like I did. Good thing I have my older sister Debra for that. She is awesome and I totally trust her judgement when it comes to making my stuff. I get the feeling that I will be relying on her alot more.
        Aren't sisters awesome?! I have one sister who will come to my rescue at times. She has a lot of her own sewing and beading on the go, but makes the time to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by superndngyrl View Post
          I did that and my son was a little over a year but I really wanted to have new beadwork. I stayed up tons of nights and any other time I could just to lay more beads down. Now w/two I don't know how I'm going to finish anything...

I'll be your cheerleader though... YOU CAN DO IT!! GO ojibwaysweetie GO!!! :)

Wow Super! Last time I actually saw you, you were still single with no children. Now you have a husband and two children. They are so cute!!

Thanks for the support and the cheers. Now I need muh chiropractor and I'll be set to hum the sewing machine again. lol

Comment

I work full time, don't get a lot of time to work on the dress, but i ribbon jingles when i have some down time through the week, work on the dress little by little on the weekend, but i'm new to this so ive been okay with taking my dear sweet time. Trying to practice beadwork, but im not very good at it..

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaywmn View Post

You must be super busy working on the ManitoAhbee stuff.

dang.

Comment

Good

HO HO! GOOD!--------------------------------------------------------------------------How could she know as she tickled his fingers and counted them, one to ten.

Comment

i can sympathize! :D:D i work 8-5:30 ( so i can head out early on fridays for powwows :P) n spend the evening sewing and beading! we joke n call my black beadwork the "community outfit" because so many different friends n relatives did sections on it (some took longer than others) and u can see different styles of beading if u look close enough! this next beadwork is going 2 be all me :D...

You can't double team a Triple Threat

The Black Hills are NOT for sale

ps. i'm still the greatest~n i'm prettylol

Comment

Originally posted by ballin_n_shawlin View Post
                    i can sympathize! :D:D i work 8-5:30 ( so i can head out early on fridays for powwows :P) n spend the evening sewing and beading! we joke n call my black beadwork the "community outfit" because so many different friends n relatives did sections on it (some took longer than others) and u can see different styles of beading if u look close enough! this next beadwork is going 2 be all me :D...
                    I juss love our ndn women, they are such big helpers!

Comment

Speaking of which, I am back to work on Monday after being off for 2 glorious weeks!!!

I did manage to get a lot of beadwork done and my new dress cut out.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.