sneaky jingledress dancers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sneaky jingledress dancers

ok, this might seem lame, but what do jingle dress dancers do during the Sneak part of a sneak up?
    Miigwetch

all's fair in love and pow wow.... see ya around

During the sneak up, I've noticed that the jingle dancers in Crow Creek South Dakota dance along side the women's northern traditional dancers in the same fashion. Or, they can do their moves along side the fancy shawl dancers but I think tradition dictates that dancing along the women's northern traditional is best.

Comment

I'm a woman Northern Traditional dancer and during the sneak up songs, when the drum stops, we stop dancing and wait for the next verse or push up. I believe all the other ladies do the same thing, just wait for the next push up to dance again. :) Hope I understood your question and answered appropriately!!

Comment

thanks...

just on the off chance at the next pow wow that they have the sneak up an all catagories I didn't want to not do my job well.... being head dancer and all...

chi-migwetch
        Miigwetch

all's fair in love and pow wow.... see ya around

Comment

IM USUALLY UNDER OUR CANOPY DRINKING UP A STORM OF WATER WATCHING THE MEN DO THERE THING. LOL.
          "Never be bullied into silence.
          Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Comment

Originally posted by Singerdad
            Keep their seat warm. :D
            :rofl2:
            "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

re: sneak up

A long time ago..only the men dance, b/c it is like a warrior's dance...and then the fancy shawl dancers would join in..but since jingle is fairly new..it's at your discretion..sometimes I do but the northen style traditional women's. or just let the men dance their dance..

Comment

Plain and simple . . .

Sneak OUT!

Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

sneak up?

I just stand on the side until they're done, or I just go sit down...
                  -

Comment

I just stand on the side until they're done, or I just go sit down...

Pardon me, but is this an actual advisement from your elder? Do you realize what the sneak up represents? It is required that when there are eagle feathers in the arena, especially when it's men's northern traditional, all are required to stand in respect of our forefathers. Now, are you willing to change our traditions?

Comment

Hmmmm....I'm usually bent down telling my lil bro to be careful of the his feathers on his bustle!

Comment

had a sneak up before when i was dancing and i honeslty never danced to a sneak up song until 1 time...buti honestly didnt know what to do so i jest went by gut instinct and just stopped there until head singer started singing again ....i never knew until i read this post that i did the right thign...-becca

Comment

whatever you doo ladies, dont bend over and start looking on the ground for eagle feathers...if you just have too, make sure you have it on video soo we all can watch and have some fun with it...
                          thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

???

excuse me quicksilverwade, we all do our own thing, and no i am not gonna change things, but if you didn't notice, everything is changing....i'm not even gonna get started on that. didn't mean to upset you, but i do what i do, and you do what you do....:)
                            -

Comment

Re: ???

Originally posted by JDD 4 life
                              excuse me quicksilverwade, we all do our own thing, and no i am not gonna change things, but if you didn't notice, everything is changing....i'm not even gonna get started on that. didn't mean to upset you, but i do what i do, and you do what you do....:)
                              I apologize for my misjudgement call. But who do you take your words of wisdom from? Who is your advisor? I don't mean to pry but you seem to want to change everything and that is your perogative but look at mother earth for when we die and decompose it is mother earth that will comfort and engulf us all.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X