Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question for Mothers

Hi Ladies;

I am currently on standby for the birth of my first baby (due yesterday but no signs of labour yet). I am curious to see how long it took for you to get back into the dancing circle again. I am anxious to be out there and put a goal of October for myself.

Was it easy/difficult to return to dancing shape? What did you do? Any tips/advice would be appreciated. Meegwetch!

Originally posted by ojibwaywmn View Post
    Hi Ladies;

I am currently on standby for the birth of my first baby (due yesterday but no signs of labour yet). I am curious to see how long it took for you to get back into the dancing circle again. I am anxious to be out there and put a goal of October for myself.

Was it easy/difficult to return to dancing shape? What did you do? Any tips/advice would be appreciated. Meegwetch!
    well i hope you stayed as active as you possibly could during the pregnancy.. that always helps!! not from a dancing stand point on this.. but an athletic one... with my first son i played bball every chance i could to stay active...

because i stayed active it was easier to get back into things... i was playing in 3 on 3's in less than a week after having him... i took it easy but by the time my 6 week check up came i was back into playing full court games at the Y.

good luck with everything.. congratulations on bein a mama!! :D:D and my magic 8 ball says you could easily get back 2 dancing by october!! :D

You can't double team a Triple Threat

The Black Hills are NOT for sale

ps. i'm still the greatest~n i'm prettylol

Comment

Hi Ladies;

Congratulations on your first born!! It's so exciting!!

If you are breastfeeding, you spring back into shape quicker than otherwise. The baby weight drops off faster and internally heals faster too. I would have to say anytime after your six week check up you'll be fine to get out there and jam again. I take it you are already in good physical health, which is a big plus for you. Returning to dancing shape for you will be a breeze! Geez I hope to share a good jingle dress song with you sometime! :)
      "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie View Post
        Congratulations on your first born!! It's so exciting!!

If you are breastfeeding, you spring back into shape quicker than otherwise. The baby weight drops off faster and internally heals faster too. I would have to say anytime after your six week check up you'll be fine to get out there and jam again. I take it you are already in good physical health, which is a big plus for you. Returning to dancing shape for you will be a breeze! Geez I hope to share a good jingle dress song with you sometime! :)
        duh (slapping my forehead) how could i forget about breast feeding!!

You can't double team a Triple Threat

The Black Hills are NOT for sale

ps. i'm still the greatest~n i'm prettylol

Comment

Yep, I do plan on breastfeeding which I heard is good for baby and mother. I hope that goes smoothly. Everyone is telling me that I am all belly, like there is beachball under my shirt and that's it...lol.

I was in good physical shape before getting pregnant and now wondering how long it will take to get back to, or close to, that way again.

Thanks ojibwaysweetie, that would be cool to jam with you sometime.

Comment

Neechee Kwe, you will be ready to jam by October I'm sure!

Comment

I was a month out after mine before I started dancing again. Now, I was dancing women's traditional at the time so it wasn't anywhere near the agility needed for jingle. But even after having a c-section, I was out figure skating within about three weeks or so. You should be well to go long before October!

Congrats on your little one. I was like you are - all belly. My weight dropped back down to under what I was when I got pregnant in about two months or so.

Comment

Yes definitely Breastfeeding! Also take the baby out for walks with you, it's good for both of you. Accept the help offered, a happy momma is a happy baby. Also when you start working back, don't be discouraged... you'll get there. Another tip: If you plan to start running while your breastfeeding- don't forget the breast pads. Lol. You'll get this later...honestly.
                ***ONE MORE!!!***

Comment

Oh yea! Congrats LADY! Many blessings for you and your baby. OH soooo happy for you!
                  ***ONE MORE!!!***

Comment

Mmmm....I received a black mark on my Reputation thing for this thread, but they didn't leave a name. WTH?? lol Me don't understand.

Comment

Mmmm....I received a black mark on my Reputation thing for this thread, but they didn't leave a name. WTH?? lol Me don't understand.
                      black mark isnt bad its the red ones that are..lol it just means that they cant give out any rep yet they are still to new..congrats on the baby..my friend just had hers 2 days ago and she was late as well must be a august thing..lol
                      "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

Originally posted by NDNKIDZ View Post
                        black mark isnt bad its the red ones that are..lol it just means that they cant give out any rep yet they are still to new..congrats on the baby..my friend just had hers 2 days ago and she was late as well must be a august thing..lol
                        Ooohh okay..lol. Yeah, I am telling everyone that my baby is running on Indian Time.

Comment

I received one too - a no-name one. lol.

No Name Brand

Comment

any baby yet?

I dance southern cloth but didn't make it to a pow-wow until 3 mos after baby was born. Only because its hard to get out of the house and do things w/2 little ones.

My friend that dances jingle had her baby and danced at a pow-wow like 3 weeks later? maybe it was a month... she was in great shape before and continued to dance jingle til she was about 8 mos along.
                            The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

No baby yet and we are getting impatient.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X