material for jingle dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• material for jingle dress

Does anyone have advice on the best/strongest material for jingle dresses? Thanks.

good quality cotton, n ot to thin & not broadcloth, although linning a thinner cotton with broadcloth would work. Some people use satin but when it comes to jingle I prefer to see a nice cotton
    Suzze

Comment

If you want shine, go with a cotton blend, or cotton/poly blend otherwise stick with a good cotton. Make sure you use washable fabrics only; it would be a pity to do all that cone and applique work to only see it get ruined when hand washed.

Comment

There are many choices of fabric for making into jingle dresses. Cotton, cotton blends, velveteen, heavier satin (like bridal or crepe-backed), and a wide array of synthetics. When considering a piece of fabric check how it will drape, its washability, breatheability, stretch, tightness of weave and whether it will hold up to the abrasion of metal jingles.

I prefer not to line my dresses but if you find a thin fabric that you really like, it can be used if lined.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X