Looking for Sponsor Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Sponsor Advise

Hello, I am new. I have had a dream of being a Jingle Dancer since I was little at my first pow wow. I was told it was a dream due to the fact I have no Native American Origins. Then I met a lady who called me Ji Ba Day (sorry phonetics) or Ghost Lady. She was going to sponsor me and teach me to Jingle Dance but I moved across the country. I really want this. I have taken a vow long time ago to be a natural healer, working towards my Phd, and also my certifications in massage. This was what I needed. So please if anyone has any information they can pass down to me, I am a sponge let me learn. I know the Jingle Dancer is the dancer of healing and that is what I want to do. Dancing is my second nature. I know and understand what it is I am asking for, yet I am still asking. Thank you for your time and any information you might have.

Mindy
    Naperville, Il

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Selina
    What made you start dancing?
    by Selina
    What made you start dancing?

Your mother?
    Your granny?
    Your sister?

And who tought you to dance?

:D
    07-04-2002, 05:36 PM
  • Onkwehonwe.ottawa
    New Jingle Dancer
    by Onkwehonwe.ottawa
    Ahnee all you Jingle Dancers!

I am new to this forum. I am of Iroquois ancestry (Cayuga-Onieda) and have been dancing traditional dances since I was a young girl, long before it was "cool to be 'Indian'". Unfortunately, I gave up dancing when I was about 16, and other things...
    08-25-2011, 01:10 AM
  • Nyaskeya
    Looking for Understanding
    by Nyaskeya
    Hello,

I am looking for elders who can help me understand what has been going on with me lately. I have been seeing Jingles at some of the gatherings and pow wows I have attended recently. I have been seeing them for about a year now. I have spoken to my elders who have directed me to...
    11-21-2016, 02:32 PM
  • samenulali
    Identity Confusion
    by samenulali
    Hello,

I apologize for making one of these types of threads, but I would really appreciate advice in this anonymous setting.

Lately I am feeling like I should give up everything regarding my native identity. I have done these things since I was seven, learning languages,...
    07-26-2021, 09:59 PM
  • laurellblake
    hello
    by laurellblake
    First I would like to say hello to all who are reading this post. I have a few very important questions to ask. I mean no disrespect to anyone and if I do so I apologize ahead of time. I dance southern cloth the way I have been taught from my mother and grandmother. A couple of week s ago I had...
    05-25-2005, 07:03 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X