silver
    39.76%
    spraypainted a color of ur regalia
    1.20%
    whichever you want
    4.82%
    whichever looks good w/the colors of ur outfit
    42.17%
    who lives in a pineapple under the sea? man i wish it was me!

i love the look of gold on a jingle dress. I went to Schemitzun this weekend. I daw both gold and silver jingles. the gold ones really stood out from the others.
    Bahnisiain

Comment

i saw a chick with her jingles spraypainted neon green... it freaked me out man it looked weird! :Chatter

Comment

They both are very pretty.

I have seen a young woman here with a maroon dress with the gold cones.
        It was very pleasant to look at. I asked if I could take a picture of her it was so pretty.

Not that the silver aren't as pretty; however, I have not seen too many women with the gold ones either.

Green neon cones? Now that is something I have never witnessed.
        Were they still shiny or did the paint dull the the look?

Blessings to You All. :)

Comment

no the paint made em look all dull... plus the paint was chipping off from the jingles hitting each other i was like "didnt she think that through?"

Comment

I think I seen that girl down at Sisseton powwow a year or 2 ago I was thinking "that looks ok but it's gonna chip off and plus it won't even make a sound"

Comment

It all depends on what color the dress is and the beadwork!

Comment

I'm starting a new outfit and the beadwork is maroon backgroun with orange and blue flowers and I think I'm gonna have a maroon dress and a navy blue dress both with gold jingles. Those colors look really good with the gold cones

Comment

I Love how the gold looks against almost any color of material. So I would have to say I like the gold the best. I have seen silver cones dipped in red chrome, but i wouldnt use them on a dress.
                  At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. . .

Comment

wow i've never seen spraypainted cones b4. I stick to the silver ones, but the gold ones are nice too. I've seen dresses with both gold and silver that look real nice also.
                    Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

I think that it depends on the color of the dress too... I have a purple dress with both silver and gold on it.

But my new one i am making had black material and i am re-using jingles from my first dress which are gold.....

~Kelli
                      If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

I love the look of the gold but I used the silver for my daughter's dress. I would have to say what ever looks good with the colors of the dress

Comment

I like the gold ones better especially when they are against dark colors.

Comment

I was thinking about a couple dress styles and colours before I actually made my new one... and the decieding factor was the colours of the cones i was gifted...

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...cat=500&page=1
                            Miigwetch

all's fair in love and pow wow.... see ya around

Comment

I think it depends on the colors of the material you are using. I personally like gold cones but I am looking to make one of my new dresses with silver..I just haven't figured out which cuz they all look good with gold LOL
                              He's the type of rez I like
                              ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X