Could use some prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could use some prayers

So some of you have seen me around here posting when I get stuck with my jingle dresses when i'm sewing away or when i'm in the beading section. I haven't been around in quite sometime on here because I been going through alot since late march. This past weekend was the first time I danced since the beginning of march. Late march I got sick with one my migraines and I was recovering from that for 4 weeks. Then the beginning of may one morning I woke up in the most horrible pain and I could barely get out of bed to get ready for work. Well it had continued all week long and it was making me really sick. So I went into the doctor and seen the nurse practinor which she did hardly nothing. Well a week later I ended up calling back and demanded to see my real doctor because the pain was so bad. So I got in right away and seen her. I have a sciatic nerve problem but instead of being right in my nerve its more in the bone and the pain is horrible. But this past weekend I finally got out there and danced in my first pow wow since beginning of march and it didn't seem to bother me too bad. And i'm just now finishing up another dress I started back in febuary to have it already. I've been back home for a while and I start school soon and looking forward too it. But from one jingle dress dancer to another I could really use your prayers right now. The pain still comes and goes here and there (specially when it rains/thunderstorms).

Other than just the prayers, be kind to yourself and get yourself a potted lavender plant, for some reason the plant has oils in it that deters migraines.

I also get them and without my bundles of dried lavender flowers and lavender oil I would be lost. The oil you just put a dab under your nose and breathe it! It helps me a lot! The dried blossoms I have in kleenex and fold it and keep it inside my pillow case.
    Hope that this helps you as well as it did me.
    My prayers are with you too.
    Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
    Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

Dang. My thoughts are definitely with you. I know what you mean. Depending on where the pain is, you can try moist heat. I have alot of pain in my hips and legs at times and this has helped alot. My joints shift and press on various nerves and the pain is unbelievable.

You can try a spray called Cool-n-fit. This stuff is awesome. I use it everywhere.

And if you have muscle cramps or pain try this Indian herbal cooling oil called Navratna Plus. The scent is a little strong BUT it is pretty awesome when it comes to muscle issues. It says that it's for the scalp and I use it for that too. It has menthol and a bunch of other oils. It helps with my migraines but if you're one of the ones that gets sensitive to smells be careful. I love this for all muscle and other soft tissue pain.

*hugs* Hope you get to feeling better.
      SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Tibiki Kinew, I love the smell of Lavender but I never thought to use this for migraines. Thanks. I'm going to have to try this out.
        SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Lavender Oil is one of Grandmothers teachings, I listened! Since 1993 I suffer from nasty stretches of migraines in clusters and I would be hiding in a dark room for weeks. Now overnight sleep is relaxing with the lavender.
          I now keep a bag of blossoms handy, in fact I put them into a small bead size zip lock and have it with me! The just in case factor.
          There is also another product out there called China Oil or China Balsam (gel), it is awesome for pain relief, in fact one gal swears by it when she goes out on her 40 k hikes with her back pack,,,, stiff and sore she puts it on after and puurrrrrs!
          Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
          Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

Originally posted by NCheyGirl22 View Post
            So some of you have seen me around here posting when I get stuck with my jingle dresses when i'm sewing away or when i'm in the beading section. I haven't been around in quite sometime on here because I been going through alot since late march. This past weekend was the first time I danced since the beginning of march. Late march I got sick with one my migraines and I was recovering from that for 4 weeks. Then the beginning of may one morning I woke up in the most horrible pain and I could barely get out of bed to get ready for work. Well it had continued all week long and it was making me really sick. So I went into the doctor and seen the nurse practinor which she did hardly nothing. Well a week later I ended up calling back and demanded to see my real doctor because the pain was so bad. So I got in right away and seen her. I have a sciatic nerve problem but instead of being right in my nerve its more in the bone and the pain is horrible. But this past weekend I finally got out there and danced in my first pow wow since beginning of march and it didn't seem to bother me too bad. And i'm just now finishing up another dress I started back in febuary to have it already. I've been back home for a while and I start school soon and looking forward too it. But from one jingle dress dancer to another I could really use your prayers right now. The pain still comes and goes here and there (specially when it rains/thunderstorms).
            I have prayed for you and I will continue to pray for you. God bless you.

Comment

will keep you in my prayers...
              "I don't know why you never tried to tell me I was the one for you, I'm telling you my love is true and you're the only one for me -NC

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20

Comment

Oh, wow. I'm so sorry. :(
                At least the pain has mostly gone away.
                I'll defnitely be praying for you!
                I hope you get well soon.
                sigpic
                I no listen any moar,
                you iz lion to me.
                :[

Comment

I too shall keep you in my prayers. I hope your migraines subside and the pain leaves you.
                  sigpic

Comment

awww

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Originally posted by NCheyGirl22 View Post
                    2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Thank you all for the prayers. I know I haven't been around here in a very long time. School has kept me very very busy. I have one more week then I am on summer break. My migraines have been down alot, infact i've only had one since then and it was a really small one and i've had headaches here and there.

Unfortunally i'm unable to dance jingle anymore, it got to much on my body with my sciatia problems and was putting my body in more pain then I needed so I switched so cloth full time. I had some problems towards the end of last year with my sciatia that I just did not need but I am definatly looking forward to the powwows this summer with my family. :)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.