jingle dancing topics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jingle dancing topics...

everyone is always talking bout faves etc... which is all good but i think a new topic is in order here...so how abotu soemone start one here...becca

How about why did you choose to dance jingle?

It wasn't really a choice for me , it was somethng that had to be done. I had a dream and it was so strong that I had to make the dress to dance in. And the purpose was very clear after I completed the dress. Because everything in my life changed after making the dress. And only good things have been happening to me since. So it was a good thing to listen to my instincts a followed my dream.

Comment

Its like I did not choose to dance jingle - seems like I was chosen to dance that way. Dreams tell us a lot and when taken to an elder for interpretation you have a responsibility to fulfill that dream. :)
      "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

i never really had a choice either i jus started dancing it and later bout 1 yr, my mom asked me wat i wanted to be and all i said was nothing. I dont kno why even, now days i dont kno why i never answered her, i jus kept dancing. I've been dancing for about a total of 7 years and ever since then i jus danced not for money but for fun and to help others, yeah sumtymez it might (not) seam that way but yes i think it was jus because i had it in me and to do jus what they say to do so idk but.....whenever i dance i say a womans name that needs help and i dance for her, the person i picked out kinda scarey but ill keep dancing till i get old........ well thats all i gotz to say....:Angel2
        ~* wen u were born u were born cryin while everyone round u was smilin now that u r gone u r the one smilin and everyone round u is cryin*~

Comment

why?

like all you other girls i didnt really CHOOSE to dance jingle.i was asked by a blackfoot elder to dance.my life changed alot after i started dancing jingle.it has kept me out of evrything bad a teenager gets into(drugs etc)
          who lives in a pineapple under the sea? man i wish it was me!

Comment

with my i didnt choose to become a jingle dancer either it just happened i just knew it was my time to switch to jingle...i started off shawl now that my momma brought me into i think her way of thinking was once of these days ill become jingle dancer and what ya know i became one...so things always come out good ya just gotta wait fo rit..well im sorry i gott ajam im tire dand i got doen with my last class..laterz yall-becca

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X