fan feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan feathers

I'm wanting to make a fan for my daughter and was wondering if I could make her one using parrot feather? I've seen the blue macaw feathers somewhere before and don't remember for what style dancing they were allowed for.
    this is not for competition this is for a tiny tot to get used to holding a fan.

thank you

You can pretty much use any feathers you want. Keep in mind parrot feathers break easily....
    sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
    [email protected]

Comment

fan feather

Originally posted by ndnsooner View Post
      You can pretty much use any feathers you want. Keep in mind parrot feathers break easily....
      yeah i figure she's gunna learn with this one and wanna use what i have rather than buying

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• spottedeagle
        Making a fan
        by spottedeagle
        OK need a little help here. I'm making 2 fans in the next week or so and have a few queestions.
        The first fan I'm making is a turkey wing fan. Is there a better way to make the handle than to buy that block of wood from crazy crow?? And how does everyone attach the handle to their wing??...
        03-21-2003, 10:17 AM
      • paintedsun22
        Fan question
        by paintedsun22
        I have a eagle feather fan for my jingle dress. I was told I could also use a macaw feather fan but not a turkey feather fan. So I have a question. It seems to me like it would be more traditional to use turkey feathers than macaw feathers. So why can you use macaw feathers and not turkey feathers?
        10-20-2005, 02:32 PM
      • native_designs
        Eagle fan construction
        by native_designs
        I'm needing a few suggestions. I am working on a flat fan for my step dad (Cheyenne/Arapaho). I have only collected 4 eagle tail feathers.

Is it ever okay to make a flat fan with an even number of feathers?

Can you use other feathers in addition to the eagle...
        05-11-2006, 02:03 PM
      • purplehaze42
        Goose Fan
        by purplehaze42
        Recently, I received a goose wing fan as a gift at a competition I went to. being new, I am unsure how to properly care for it. some of the feather tips are starting to get frayed. what should i do?
        04-25-2010, 01:55 PM
      • NotSoLarj
        Turkey feather fan
        by NotSoLarj
        A friend sent me several wild turkey tail feathers, only 4 though.

They would make a nice flat fan but with only 4 I am not sure how to design it, what kind of dancer would use it?

Traditionally speaking, is a wing fan used for this dance, a flat fan for that? Are certain...
        03-20-2009, 08:20 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X