Copenhagen/Skoal Lids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copenhagen/Skoal Lids

Who still uses actual lids instead of the Missouri River or some other commercial brand of jingle lids? Just curious how common it is since I have been collecting for a little while and have a ton of different styles of Copenhagen and Skoal and Red Man lids. Anybody else out there still taking the time to cut them and roll them?

I cut and rolled some gold ones for my granddaughter's jingle dress last year....have to roll some more and fix up her dress this year.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

OMG, it's been TWO years!! Come on, gma!!

Tiny Tot Dancer in Outfit - PowWows.com - Your portal to Native American Tribal Culture

And here's the dress with lids that I rolled inside out on the gold side for my daughter Jo's dress back in the day.

Gold Jingles on a dress - PowWows.com - Your portal to Native American Tribal Culture
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

My son-in-law & I just got through rolling & crimping 1500 jingles for dresses for my wife & daughters dresses.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ndnsooner View Post
          My son-in-law & I just got through rolling & crimping 1500 jingles for dresses for my wife & daughters dresses.
          That is a beautiful pic. I am lucky enough to have several sources for getting lids, more than I'll be able to use in a while. May end up gifting some or trading some. I know they are hard to come by sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
            OMG, it's been TWO years!! Come on, gma!!

Tiny Tot Dancer in Outfit - PowWows.com - Your portal to Native American Tribal Culture

And here's the dress with lids that I rolled inside out on the gold side for my daughter Jo's dress back in the day.

Gold Jingles on a dress - PowWows.com - Your portal to Native American Tribal Culture
            Wyo_rose, I have about 300 of those Skoal lids that I rolled backward like that. They seem easier to find than some of the other styles. I'm not big on gold but heck they were given to me so I figure I'll find a home for them somewhere! She is adorable BTW. I gotta get my lil girl's new regalia done.

Anyone seen the new metal Grizzly lids? I have about 50 or so of them so far....just not sure on using colored jingles yet.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X