Keep In Shape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep In Shape?

Any of you Jinglers exercise and keep in shape throughout the winter months for the upcoming pow wow season? I used to. *LOL*. Last year I didn't do that and the first powwow i went to I had a hard time during exhibition. Like needed a paperbag for hyperventilation *LOL*.
    "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

During the winter time is when i practise alot so i dont really STOP dancing during the year.. plus our family is always doin sumthing on weekends like Shows and stuff...so im always dancin....theres my exercise ferr ya! lol
    ~how u want that? tell me how u want that~baby how u wanna give it to me? a bad boy iz whut i need uh huh~

Comment

Originally posted by eagle_plume999
      During the winter time is when i practise alot so i dont really STOP dancing during the year.. plus our family is always doin sumthing on weekends like Shows and stuff...so im always dancin....theres my exercise ferr ya! lol

Oh you're lucky! Here we dont' have powwows in the wintertimes so makes for a long winter but that is the time I start our new outfits and finish em up on the ride to the grand entry at spring pow wows ....*LOL*. kiddin! So, yeah I am going to be exercising this winter, blv me! So, in the spring time I will have big Arnie Swarzenegger legs :D

Comment

Either everyone is in good physical condition, or no one exercises throughout the winter. *LOL* :p

Comment

i spend time making new outfits and practicing whenever i get the chance.:bouncy:
          Last edited by biidabinukwe06; 10-26-2003, 06:33 PM.
          Truth is like the sun, you can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away.

Comment

I think they are all up here exercising their fingers during the winter months!
            If there ain't soccer in heaven ~ I ain't going!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gah-Gah!
              I think they are all up here exercising their fingers during the winter months!
              *LOL*.....well I guess our fingers get good exercise eh. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rezgirl06
                i spend time making new outfits and practicing whenever i get the chance.:bouncy:
                I do too, rezgirl! I want to make myself a black jingle dress this winter to go with my roses beadwork. A program has started "socials" every Tues evenings here and we are going to "TRY" to practice our steps once a week. (we'll see!) *LOL*

Comment

I'm trying to get back into shape so I can start dancing again so I do Tae-Bo 3-5 times a week and lift weights on the other two. Billy Blanks and I are like this:Eyepopper :karate: :karate: :duel12: :muscles:

Comment

I have been running, Pilates, and practicing my steps for next summer. Whenever I get tired, I think of how hard it would be if I didn't work out. Keeps me motivated.

Comment

Train in boxing if you want a killer workout.. no tae-bo or cardio kickboxing.. the actual contact boxing... whip ya into shape in no time.:D

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaywmn
                        I have been running, Pilates, and practicing my steps for next summer. Whenever I get tired, I think of how hard it would be if I didn't work out. Keeps me motivated.
                        boozhoo ojibway kwe! yeah i know how hard it can be without the working out. My gawd, I near needed that paper bag this spring at my first pow wow after the winter. :( *hufff* *puff*...*LOL*.

Comment

i just recently started to workout on an eliptical crosstrainer..that's awesome..otherwise..I try to dance for about an hour and a half every other day to keep up. Also I do alot of walking..when I was pg..i did walk alot..and by the time I started dancing..it was like I never even took that break...
                          >:< ~~ >:<

Comment

howah, that is good msjingler. last year was the first time I did not work out at times for dancing and when my first spring powwow came around i had a harder time. *puff* *puff*. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie
                              boozhoo ojibway kwe! yeah i know how hard it can be without the working out. My gawd, I near needed that paper bag this spring at my first pow wow after the winter. :( *hufff* *puff*...*LOL*.
                              I am dreading the first pow wow next year, don't want to be huffing and puffing. :Chatter

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X