Earring Backing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earring Backing

Need help with earring backings. I have seen some jingle dress dancers with different type of backings for there beaded earrings and I was wondering what backings you guys use? Which backings hold the best weight for big beaded earrings?

I just use the standard post and it's hard to put my earrings on. The hooks hurt as well. Any ideas?

do you mean like the actual earrring back? or behind the beadwork where you would use leather or something?

I seen these earring backs that are shaped like a lil bell, with a plastic circle around it, so that way the earring back dosent dig into your skin, plus keeps it flat and not like makin your ear fold or anything,, lol did that make any sense?

But if you mean for the back of the beaded part, I usually use satin w. heat n bond and iron that on and then edge bead around it, so that way it matches the colors of my beadwork, :) I think leather might take up too much room on the post of the earring thing,,,, plus it might add more weight eh?
    NO MY EYES REALLY DONT LOOK LIKE THAT........ THATS ME AS A BRATZ DOLL ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:

Comment

Yeah, I mean the actual back of the earring. Not the fabric or buckskin that goes in the back but the thing that holds your earring up.

I've seen some that look like clamps that hold the ear and some that go through it and I was wondering where to purchase them from? Any ideas?

Comment

no idea, the only place I know to get those earring backs was at a little bead shop in the Village. But out in the rest of the world I have no idea, How about Micheals? Have you tried there?
        NO MY EYES REALLY DONT LOOK LIKE THAT........ THATS ME AS A BRATZ DOLL ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:

Comment

lil bitta duct tape n'er hurt anyone :D

neeeeeeeyaaahn
          "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

I found these pretty cool earring backs at joanns one time.... They were pierced but had a lever to fit over the post so it wouldn't slide off. Haven't seen em since. :( But I would think you can use regular posts shaped like this O-- with a dallop of epoxy or somethin that'll really hold. That's worked pretty good for me. I have some made with fish hooks (style) too. I use a lil piece of clear rubber to keep em from coming out. You can get all of that at a craft store.

One time,,,,,at band camp...... :p :Chatter
            SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie
              neeeeeeeyaaahn
              LMAO! That is by far the deadliest Ojibwe sound effect that I have ever seen written out before. I can just imagine your tongue sticking out.
              Got percap?

Comment

I found some big post earrings at a craft store somewhere. My mom has trouble holding the little backs, and these are bigger - about 1/4 inch. The front is bigger too - about 3/8 or 1/2 inch I'd say.
                ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Jibby™
                  LMAO! That is by far the deadliest Ojibwe sound effect that I have ever seen written out before. I can just imagine your tongue sticking out.
                  *hehe* Jibbykwe!!! :p
                  "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Singing otter I have those kind of post on my earings and they ROCK!!! They just kick butt!1 WWOOOOHOOO!!
                    I Love Coffee!!
                    Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

thanks for your advice!!!!:Angel:

Comment

2 words: Farmington. Hobby Lobby. Or is that three?:p

Comment

The backing I'm talking about is the one that's like a clip on, it has the back that snaps against the back of your ear lobe, but it has a post for pierced ears... I find those work best for the heavy earrings, you dont have to worry about them falling off.

Comment

I have some earring backs that my friend told me I should use.... and they're the bomb! they have a lil hook that goes through your ear part and a little bar that goes over it so it locks it in place. they're way cool! haha
                            >:< ~~ >:<

Comment

does it clamp onto your earlobe?? Cuz that's how mine are.. those are the bestest :p I dont use antything else now.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X