Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jingle dress patterns

Hello everyone!

I am planning on getting a new jingle dress made and need a really good pattern. The Missouri River pattern is ok, but I would like one that looks more up-to-date. Could you give me some ideas.

Thanks!

Suzizila

I usually just use a fitted or button-up shirt and take a pattern off of it. The sleeves and collar are the only tricky parts. Then decide if you want a straight cut or an "A" line dress.

And of course, if you want a one piece dress, a shorter one piece dress with an underskirt, a long top with a skirt that shows more, an apron style with an underdress, a dress with a cape, a dress with a flap so you can flip your jingles up and don't sit on them, etc....

Good luck!
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Flaps or One Piece?

Thank you, Wyoming Rose, for your suggestions.

Now the question is: which is most popular right now....flaps or a one piece?

Everybody, what's your opinion?

Thanks for your help.

Suzizla

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Native_lust
        jingle dress pattern used?
        by Native_lust

Hello I was wondering what pattern # do you use for a jingle dress? i want to make my own dress and I can't seem find the right pattern. I also would like to know where you can buy jingles too...like thin ones. thank you
        02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
      • Muzzie
        Help with jingle dress
        by Muzzie
        Hello, I'm Marcella... and I have a question to whomever willing to help me. My question is I have a three year old daughter and she wants to dance jingle. So, I have decided to make her a dress and I just have one question. Do I put the design and the jingle cones on before sewing the dress together...
        04-15-2003, 11:46 AM
      • MenomChick88
        Dress making
        by MenomChick88
        Ok when u make ur own dress is it just a shirt and a skirt or is it a whole dress? if its a whole dress do u just make it like a regular dress? (besides the jingles and stuff) theres like no special way for the stiching and stuff?
        (im new to dancing and i want to learn to make my own dress since...
        08-15-2003, 09:33 PM
      • sunshine_02
        Requesting any and all help to make my first jingle dress!
        by sunshine_02
        I'm 23 and getting back into dancing, but I would love to make my own dress, but don't even know where to begin. So as a baby trying to take baby steps and learn things the correct way I am asking for some help. I don't even know where to begin, except that my passion and love of powwows will keep me...
        08-13-2007, 09:09 PM
      • MayChe
        Asian print jingle dress?
        by MayChe
        what you think of a jingle dress made with an Chinese/Japanese type of material? sort of like the same material used for cheongsam dresses and kimonos
        09-25-2002, 09:17 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎