I Need Help (Please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help (Please)

I have been out of the Pow Wow seen for 6 years now and am looking to come back. I went in the military(4yrs) and now I'm finishing up my college and I've had 2 kids soooo I'm a bit rusty! I need help with what need and need to do to get back into jingling. I have about 450-500 cones and the design of my dress I've started on my leggings and mocks. I anyone can tell me some good jingle dress cds and how often I need to practice to get back into competition. And the plume thing is all new to me to I going to have to ask my uncle about that. Thanks for your help!:D

Well, welcome back to the pow wow trail! :D

I like to listen to a lot of drum groups and their jingle dress songs. A good one to practice to would be Ikwe Nagamonan by Northern Wind. Good jingle dress straight and side steps :)
    "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Whitefish Bay, Northern Wind, and Little Otter all have tapes with lots of good jingle dress songs. For pow-wow music in general, Eyabay, Midnite Express, Battle River, Bear Creek, White Fish Jrs., there are tons of good ones.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• rk.purcell
        Jingle Dress Pattern
        by rk.purcell
        Boozhoo, I am venturing into the new experience of jingle dress dancing and can finally work on my regalia now that my teaching have come to that stage. I was wondering if i could get some help in finding the basic pattern for the dress. it would be greatly appreciated.. Chi- Megwetch -Rhonda
        04-09-2007, 09:46 PM
      • Jibbyâ„¢
        Jibz Vent...
        by Jibbyâ„¢
        Does anyone actually go through the proper channels anymore to be a Jingle dancer???:Yell Or do girls just one day decide that they are going to make themselves a dress and start dancing?

This irriatates me on a next level, because this dress originate's from my tribe. I am OJIBWE and...
        11-13-2003, 09:00 AM
      • lakotajingledancer
        Can ya help me? (OJIBS)
        by lakotajingledancer
        Hey guys,
        I am asking for your help,right now I am not dancing jingle b/c of the attitude I got while wearing my dress and so my parents decided to take my dresses until I learn what an ojibwe women should know when she is dancing in that dress for people.I respect their desicion to do what...
        01-07-2005, 07:35 PM
      • Ozaawana
        jingle dress pattern and help
        by Ozaawana
        ahneen!

i have decided to make my little fellow shinaab homegirl a jingle dress. my family wasnt big in the powwow scene growing up so i dont have much access to regalia making knowledge. when i asked my mama her first suggestion was to look online.

i want to make it really...
        10-16-2003, 10:17 PM
      • aanii_joy
        Need guidance in embarking on new path
        by aanii_joy
        Aanii! I'm a young Ojibwe woman whose looking to take a new direction in my life and I would like to take up the jingle dress. Its something I've dreamt about and seriously considering. Problem is - I havent the slightest clue where to begin. Which is where u come in :-) I want to know everything from,...
        09-20-2007, 03:05 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X