Princess pageant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princess pageant?

Okay so, lately I've been thinking and I decided that I am going to run for princess at this powwow that's coming up in November. It will be my first time competing in a princesss pageant, and I would like to know what I talk about in my speech, and my obligations if I get the crown. Your feedback is greatly appreciated
    Side note; I dance all three categories
    All my relations.

Originally posted by sidesteppindreamer49 View Post
    Okay so, lately I've been thinking and I decided that I am going to run for princess at this powwow that's coming up in November. It will be my first time competing in a princesss pageant, and I would like to know what I talk about in my speech, and my obligations if I get the crown. Your feedback is greatly appreciated
    All my relations.
    i cant offer much advice..but i can wish you luck!!!...ask zeke he has experience
    "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

You will have to make your own speech from your heart (desired to express your feeling). No one can give you the idea of what you need to speak in order to win the crown. Just listen to the questions when being asked. If they like your speech, then you might have a chance to win the crown to become Princess on the Powwow ground or stage. Also your regalia should help you win that, too. So both (Speech and regalia) should go along being expressing yourself as yourself, not be someone you are not.

If someone win, then you have to be graceful to the winner. Maybe you can try again next year with hopeful to win. I wish you good luck on winning the crown.
      Gegiibishedjig (Deaf Person)

Comment

Originally posted by sidesteppindreamer49 View Post
        All my relations.
        I'm a pageant kid. My mom ran Indian pageants or judged all the national ones.

The powwow committee will establish the obligations for you. Don't sweat that. As a princess you will be an ambassador for that powwow. You will for sure be asked to make an introduction including your English name and or tribal name, tribe(s), occupation (student and where), hometown and Native grandparents (Clans or chiefs you are affiliated with in some tribes).

Smile, shake hands, talk to kids and elders, and welcome visitors. Be a good sport, be genuine and get to know the other contestants.
        Have a good pageant!
        Last edited by WhoMe; 09-29-2014, 01:30 PM.
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
          I'm a pageant kid. My mom ran Indian pageants or judged all the national ones.

The powwow committee will establish the obligations for you. Don't sweat that. As a princess you will be an ambassador for that powwow. You will for sure be asked to make an introduction including your English name and or tribal name, tribe(s), occupation (student and where), hometown and Native grandparents (Clans or chiefs you are affiliated with in some tribes).

Smile, shake hands, talk to kids and elders, and welcome visitors. Be a good sport, be genuine and get to know the other contestants.
          Have a good pageant!
          my mom also was on princess commitee for denver march
          "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X