Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Understanding

Hello,

I am looking for elders who can help me understand what has been going on with me lately. I have been seeing Jingles at some of the gatherings and pow wows I have attended recently. I have been seeing them for about a year now. I have spoken to my elders who have directed me to study jingle dance but as they told me, they are not spiritual leaders so they can do no more than try to point me in the right direction. I am looking for experienced Jingle Dancer who is willing to help me understand what exactly has been going on. Please let me know if you're willing to hear me and help me learn.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Nyaskeya View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for elders who can help me understand what has been going on with me lately. I have been seeing Jingles at some of the gatherings and pow wows I have attended recently. I have been seeing them for about a year now. I have spoken to my elders who have directed me to study jingle dance but as they told me, they are not spiritual leaders so they can do no more than try to point me in the right direction. I am looking for experienced Jingle Dancer who is willing to help me understand what exactly has been going on. Please let me know if you're willing to hear me and help me learn.

Thank you.
    you only been seeing some jingle dress dancers for a year?
    "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• GhostLady
      Looking for Sponsor Advise
      by GhostLady
      Hello, I am new. I have had a dream of being a Jingle Dancer since I was little at my first pow wow. I was told it was a dream due to the fact I have no Native American Origins. Then I met a lady who called me Ji Ba Day (sorry phonetics) or Ghost Lady. She was going to sponsor me and teach me to Jingle...
      09-29-2008, 02:59 AM
    • Vicki
      Looking for someone to make jiongle dresses
      by Vicki
      Well, my sister and I didn't start those dresses. It was bad timing. But what I need to know is....is there someone any of you know who lives close to Louisiana, like in Texas or Mississippi who can make a very awesome looking jingle dress for me and my sister?The patterns are already cut out. Anyone...
      05-12-2002, 03:57 PM
    • Paul G
      Documentary Film - Actors Needed
      by Paul G
      What I am looking for is some Native Americans who can ride horses, bareback, to take part in a documentary film. Small, very small parts, silhouettes on the skyline, walking with their horses, riding their horses. Some shots of the galloping, sitting around fires etc, but must be wearing authentic...
      08-17-2011, 10:59 AM
    • Sinsonnary
      Looking for a Young Girls Jingle Dress
      by Sinsonnary
      I'm looking for a jingle dress for a little Kiowa girl (age 10), who decided she wants to do that rather than cloth.

I don't have time to make her one this season, and thought maybe someone might have one that their kids grew out of and maybe wanted to sell? Or know of someone who...
      04-10-2004, 06:35 PM
    • Zander_32
      somebody help me
      by Zander_32
      Can any body help me? I've been trying to put a new dress together, but i need somebody to help me bead some stuff. all i need is someone to bead the back of the yoke, headband(my head isn't that big,i think) and leggings i'll supply the beads and have the design on canvas and ready for you. just pm...
      10-08-2004, 11:57 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X