to dance or not to dance!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to dance or not to dance!!

At a traditional pow wow when tobacco is offered for a healing song, do you jingle dress dancers think this is correct protocol? And would you dance? Where I come from, that is the teaching and proper protocol I have learned from elders and ceremonies I have attended.
    What do you think if a jingle dress dancer refuses or makes a scene?:Shocked :Argue
    love me tender, love me true

Re: to dance or not to dance!!

Originally posted by nena
    What do you think if a jingle dress dancer refuses or makes a scene?:Shocked :Argue
    I think it is the jingle dress dancers responsiblity to accept those request because that is what the dress is for to heal and in my opinion when some ask you to dance for someone sick you would have to have a pretty small heart and a big azz ego not to do it. I think it would be pretty disrespectful. Just my opinion:Eyebrows
    Attached Files

Comment

yeah,if some 1 offers you tabacco (sp?) then you should take it & dance for that person . if you refuse,then you are low & should NOT have that dress on!!!
      who lives in a pineapple under the sea? man i wish it was me!

Comment

i absolutely agree! if you have that dress on you are saying to people and Creator that you are commited and willing to dance healing dances for any who ask. those who refuse should be confronted by an elder and told that is not the way and if it happens again take the privilege away. our elders need to step forward in these cases and handle them in our ancestorly ways. cougie
        it takes few words to tell the truth and a lot of them to tell a lie..

Comment

Originally posted by cougarwalker
          i absolutely agree! if you have that dress on you are saying to people and Creator that you are commited and willing to dance healing dances for any who ask. those who refuse should be confronted by an elder and told that is not the way and if it happens again take the privilege away. our elders need to step forward in these cases and handle them in our ancestorly ways. cougie
          My sentiments exactly!! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one thinking that.
          love me tender, love me true

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X