Beading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beading

Which do you start on? Your new outfit's mocs, leggings, choker, barretts, or belt? I'm wanting to bead my own set and I really do not know what to start on.
    Mocs
    0.00%
    Leggings
    40.00%
    Belt
    0.00%
    Barretts
    50.00%
    Choker
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

snaf, snarf!

Usually start a smaller piece first so I can finish it and see how well it turned out and get excited and want to finish the rest.;)
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

I agree with Mato on this one. Starting off with the smaller stuff may help motivate you to get the bigger stuff done.

Comment

I like to do the leggings first and then the small stuff. I do Mocs last 'cause I hate turning them.

Comment

Originally posted by ndnmba
          I like to do the leggings first and then the small stuff. I do Mocs last 'cause I hate turning them.
          i totally agree with you! i have a mental block when it comes to my moccassins!! i get done one and then the other sits there for like a month!

do you sew soles flat...like shoes, with tough hide like cowhide...or do you use the softer stuff and wrap it up the sides a little bit?

Comment

Thanks for your opinions and ideas. I've got the design I want to do on paper. I'm thinking I want to start with the barretts so I can get a feel on how hard its going to be.

What do you bead on for the choker? I've heard everything from flannel (which I do not think would stay up straight) to crib liner (which I haven't quite figure out what it is).

Any other ideas would be great!
            snaf, snarf!

Comment

All the crib liner consists of is a piece of rubber sheeting covered with flannel. You should be able to find it in any baby dept in a store like Walmart. If you use flannel or some other type of fabric, you will need something to make it stiff. Good luck with your beaded set.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X