New Dresses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dresses!

How many of you are making new jingle dresses over the winter, getting all ready for the upcoming spring/new pow wow season?

I am making three new ones for my two daughters and I :D

It feels so good to step into a brand new dress!
    "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

I'll be coming out with 3 new ones this spring/summer...plus my new set of beadwork should be done by the middle or end of summer.

Comment

wooooooooohooooooooo heyaaaaaaaa!! ;)

Comment

My winter plan is to do 4 sets; 1 grass for my hunny, 1 jingle for our daughter, 1 jingle to finally finish for me, 1 fancy girl for trade, 1 shawl for trade, and potential 1 norther traditional for trade. Whew...better get my sewing machine in for a quick tune-up before I go!
        snaf, snarf!

Comment

yep lilfancy better get that sewing machine in for a good cleansing and a lube job, she gonna be hummin with all that sewin this winter :p

Comment

I am working on my FIRST beaded set. Doing a loom beaded choker with large qpplique drop, hairties, and a back barrette. Already did one shawl set for a teen girl in AZ, and will be designing a T dress, Northern Traditional top for the same family in AZ.

Comment

yeah, i'm working on a couple of new dresses too. and some new bead sets. and i'm anxious to get them done! lol :D
              Truth is like the sun, you can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away.

Comment

its up to my sis when she wants a new dress. supposed to start a new one but got one project to finish by this weekend! wish me luck! :)

Comment

Im makin a grass outfit for trade for mah new set of beadwork YeEAHAWW....
                  I have 2 dresses in progress....
                  Gonna do 2 more for the beadwork..
                  GOnna start beadwork for myself for a second set.. and 2 more drsess for that
                  plus one more dress for trade....

Alot of this stuff is already in progrss so it shouldnt be too bad:)
                  NO MY EYES REALLY DONT LOOK LIKE THAT........ THATS ME AS A BRATZ DOLL ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:

Comment

Howah! Come on ladies.....get your new jingle dresses done for the spring time! Hum that machine!

Comment

it takes me a week to make a dress cuz i got kids and got to stop here and there. i wanna make a new one but i dont know if i will. but i made 3 new ones in 2003, so i think ill wait till 2004 to make some more.

Comment

Originally posted by powwow_lovers
                        it takes me a week to make a dress cuz i got kids and got to stop here and there. i wanna make a new one but i dont know if i will. but i made 3 new ones in 2003, so i think ill wait till 2004 to make some more.
                        2004 is just the next page on the calendar powwow_lovers:D. Get designin and sewin! ;) Takes me a while to make a new dress too as I work full time and have two daughters at home here. So gets a bit demanding. But I've been in situations where the new pow wow season has started and I didn't make anything..but not this winter! :D

Comment

Hopefully get 4 dresses out by the summer.......HOPEFULLY!!! LOL

I know what your thinking Sweetie you keep hearing that from me but dammit one of these days! LOL Don't be surprised if I come up and give you a call! :) lol

But we'll see how much I will get done with applying to grad school and taking classes fulltime now and working fulltime and doing all the other things I like to do! LOL

And Sweetie, I'm looking to have at least one done before Marquette pow-wow! :D
                          He's the type of rez I like
                          ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

Originally posted by Smeshigaud
                            Hopefully get 4 dresses out by the summer.......HOPEFULLY!!! LOL

I know what your thinking Sweetie you keep hearing that from me but dammit one of these days! LOL Don't be surprised if I come up and give you a call! :) lol

But we'll see how much I will get done with applying to grad school and taking classes fulltime now and working fulltime and doing all the other things I like to do! LOL

And Sweetie, I'm looking to have at least one done before Marquette pow-wow! :D
                            Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!:39: :39: :39:

Sure, give me a call anytime! Would be happy to help with a dress. (anything to see you out there, we'd have total fun on the dance arena, talking 'bout me riding that make believe snow machine "up there") :p

Comment

Originally posted by ojibwaysweetie
                              Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!:39: :39: :39:

Sure, give me a call anytime! Would be happy to help with a dress. (anything to see you out there, we'd have total fun on the dance arena, talking 'bout me riding that make believe snow machine "up there") :p

*LMAO* Have you seen that make believe snow machine online lately?
                              He's the type of rez I like
                              ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X