What do you use to seal cones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use to seal cones?

In another thread, yall were talking about shilacing(sp?) them. How do you do that What do you need?
    Don't ever stop dancing

I've never coated mine. Some people wax the edges to keep them from being so sharp. Also... there was a topic here once about a spray sealant. It might be archived. You could probably get the stuff at the hardware store.
    "Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit" Aristotle

Comment

I'd recommend doing only a few at a time to see if it dulls the sound of the cones. I did some once and they got a little klunky sounding.
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• natureluvr
        some riddles
        by natureluvr
        Why are there so many Smiths in the phone book?
        > They all have phones.
        >
        > Why do bagpipers walk when they play?
        > They're trying to get away from the noise.
        >
        > How do crazy people go through the forest?
        > They take the psycho path.
        06-04-2005, 06:37 PM
      • TurtleWoman
        Say what you mean, and mean what you say!
        by TurtleWoman
        Mean What You Say and Say What You mean

I am in the fields of teaching and counseling. In fact I am back in school to further my Counseling degrees. I am a “people watcher,” and I read between the lines (if there are any lines to read). Counselors use questions to make you think....
        04-24-2004, 10:35 AM
      • bulljunes2003
        florette help
        by bulljunes2003
        I have another question about fans. When you wrap the florette around a dowel how do you get it to be like an upside cone shape instead of just going around the dowel? Do you use tape or something? And what kind of glue do you use to hold the florette down?
        Thanx all
        02-04-2004, 03:27 PM
      • jwhitley
        I have eagel feathers....
        by jwhitley
        Hey,
        I have been given eagel feathers as a gift, but I'm not sure what to do with them. I know they are to be respected, but I don't know what to do with them. Hang them up in my house? Put them in a book? I don't know!
        If some one could give me some information that would be great!!...
        04-11-2008, 12:26 PM
      • wyo_rose
        Any Parade Organizers out there?
        by wyo_rose
        HELP! I've just been volunteered to help organize the parade through Jackson Hole for the Shoshone Reunion in July.

There were mentions of insurance, permits, etc... And how does one exactly organize a parade??

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
        06-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X