Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans?

What kind of fan do most of you dance with? Around here I see mostly eagle tail flat fans. Just wondering if that is what everyone uses.

I'm using a goose wing, but would eventually like to make a flat fan.

Comment

I have a wing fan
      This is life, and I'm lovin it!

Comment

i am using a pheasent feather
        If you lose the drum beat of the creator, you are lost in life - Aanishnabe

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!

Comment

I use a wing fan, of Eagle "spike" feathers:)

Comment

fans

:) I'm using a flat fan with red-tail hawk feathers, but I'm working on a flat fan with cooper hawk feathers.

Comment

I saw someone once use a drop fan made of macaw tail feathers. Is that appropriate to use? Or should you use eagle or hawk?

Comment

I have a flat fan, a wing fan and one thats kind of both. That last one is made like a flat fan but has wing spike feathers. I'd love to have an eagle tail fan but can't legally own one so I make my fans from Canada goose, white turkey or Spanish turkey feathers instead.

As for a jingle dancer carrying a drop fan, I've never seen anyone do it. Jingle dancing is a Northern style so a Southern drop fan would look out of place.

Comment

macaw feathers

I saw someone with a drop fan of macaw feathers...I bet it was the same person. Personally, and it's just my opinion, it did look kind of odd.

Comment

OH, I should also mention, her regalia was very beautiful...but it wasn't the norm either (I'm not saying it's wrong, I've just never seen any like it). I think I have a picture of her, if I can find it I'll post it.

Comment

:Thinking What's a drop fan? :Thinking

Never heard of the term. I may have seen them and just didn't know what they were called.

Comment

A drop fan is kind of like a loose fan. The feathers just flop out in all directions unless you hold them together.

Comment

I have a handpainted eagle feather fan and a small red tail hawk fan.
                          Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

i have a flat fan with black tips.;)

Comment

I thought those drop fans were used in the Native American Church - didn't know they were used at powwows.
                              Don't bring a JV player into my Varsity Game...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X