Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan's question

Fan question
    I see some Jingle dancer's with Bl.Turkey,Wt. Turkey,Pheas.,Goose Fan's, but
    I see alot of dancer's use painted Eagle and Painted Hawk. Is that allowed?
    How do you make a fan handle?

I know it's a sad fact when native people are not "allowed" by their governing countries to use the traditional feathers of their culture, for fear and prosicution!

Here in Canada, it is legal to aquire and posses eagle feathers, but in the US, I have hear it's a big no-no, and that is sad!:Yell

Comment

fans

I have an eagle feather fan which I recived from my father in Canada..I even brought it back from Canada when I moved here to the states. From what I understand you can get a permit to transport eagle feathers although I dont have one lol but my father does.
      For every no good woman there is a no good man...be careful

Comment

Feathers (Eagle)

As far as I know you can have Eagle feathers here in the USA as long as you are Native. If you are non-Native then you have to have a permit. Thats just what i've been told growing up by my elders. :Thinking I did hear something about Feathers this last weekend but i'm afraid that i didn't catch the whole story. So i won't go into that. Okay. :Thumbs
        Take care all. See you in the funny papers. :) Or maybe even the next powwow.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X