Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $41,000 beaded belt on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...975759430&rd=1

I can't believe anything would sell for $41,000...much less a CHILD'S belt.
    sigpic

See my trading post ads
    See my photo gallery
    See walela49's myspace page

This is a bunch of crap! You can get an old one here for a few hundred dollars. They are not rare, I've seen much more beautiful ones on display over at the Doyon Ltd. Corporation building here in Fairbanks, Alaska. I doubt they paid over $2000 for any of their belts on display. BTW, they are called baby's belts; they are used to help hold a baby or child close to the mother's body, not as an actual belt that fits the child's waist. They use the spelling Athabascan up here, NOT Athapaskin or whatever this ad says. Sounds like somebody trying to get rich fast to me.

Comment

ARghhh... nevermind... LOL....
      Last edited by Blackbear; 05-20-2005, 02:11 PM.
      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

cool.. hahaha.... I will make one just like it and post it for $10,000! hahahaha..... o I needed that.... hahahahaha...

Comment

yeah, right? I'm totally scheming right now!!!!! LOL, but seriously, that is one of the craziest things I've seen on ebay in a LONG time!
          sigpic

See my trading post ads
          See my photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by walela49
            yeah, right? I'm totally scheming right now!!!!! LOL, but seriously, that is one of the craziest things I've seen on ebay in a LONG time!
            Didn't you see the toast??

Comment

Dang... 41 grand??! They must be REALLY proud of it ennit??

Comment

damn

damn.....I'm going to make a belt and use it and sell it.....and make more than my hubby with just one project....Insanity
                www.myspace.com/dakota_giftedgal

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Wica'hpi Ina
                  Didn't you see the toast??
                  Yeah, I heard about that one...and I've seen potato chips that look like celebrities for sale too! Hehehehehe
                  sigpic

See my trading post ads
                  See my photo gallery

Comment

Did you see that this post is mentioned in the bottom of his auction??? I wonder if I could rent my other half for that much?? I've seen people for sale on ebay...

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Wica'hpi Ina
                      Did you see that this post is mentioned in the bottom of his auction??? ..
                      that's crazy...but good that someone encouraged the seller to do a little research...I still wonder who told him it is worth that much money to begin with?????
                      sigpic

See my trading post ads
                      See my photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by walela49
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...975759430&rd=1

I can't believe anything would sell for $41,000...much less a CHILD'S belt.
                        I would like to inform you, this is not a childs belt.Infact, it was a belt used by the mother, to carry the child around. The belts where NOT used for dancing, as stated in the auction. I think more research needs to be done, on this auction, as what is listed, is not factual basis on which this auction should be listed. By the way, 'athapaskan" should be written as "Athabaskan". I as a native person, find this listing offensive, as proper research into this item has not been done, the spelling of the area that it came from is incorrect, and the price is off the wall! I don't know who gave you that quote/appraisal, but it's wrong! I bet you where wondering why there was no bids on this item. Pleasee take a look at the price! Never even on ebay, as anything beaded been listed at this price... why not start it at $100?

Thats what I sent the seller, I wanted to give them a piece of my mind Ugh some people just dont get it*lmao*

Comment

let us know if the seller answers you! this is getting interesting!
                          sigpic

See my trading post ads
                          See my photo gallery

Comment

Dear angiebuns,

"I would like to inform you, this is not a childs belt.Infact, it was a belt used by the mother, to carry the child around. The belts where NOT used for dancing, as stated in the auction. I think more research needs to be done, on this auction, as what is listed, is not factual basis on which this auction should be listed. By the way, 'athapaskan" should be written as "Athabaskan". I as a native person, find this listing offensive, as proper research into this item has not been done, the spelling of the area that it came from is incorrect, and the price is off the wall! I don't know who gave you that quote/appraisal, but it's wrong! I bet you where wondering why there was no bids on this item. Pleasee take a look at the price! Never even on ebay, as anything beaded been listed at this price... why not start it at $100?"

Please read the listing, never mind the spelling.

To bid or purchase this item, go to:

this is what I got from the seller, aye, what a fu** dumba**

Comment

I have indeed read the listing. Its seems like the "desrcription" of this item, goes from one area, to the next, without any real substance. For example "Child stains authenticate this belt and separate it from present day reproductions not crafted for (traditional)use" how do you know that these belts ARE NOT used traditionally this way? and how are the ones made today "reproductions?" "A beautiful example of the good taste and floral design used in the Yukon famous Loucheux beadwork." This is a fragment of english, why not try rephrasing it a bit to " A an exellent example of beadwork done in the Yukon, by the Loucheux" I for example, used to live in the Yukon! A brand new belt would not cost $41,000, let alone $1000. These where commonly used in the north, by northern people. I know people who make them, and they would just be snickering when they saw this auction and the price you where asking! What is this thing with "windows" in the auction?

Ok that is the first half of my response back to the seller. Second part to follow

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X