No announcement yet.

$41,000 beaded belt on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can ban me, but like I said before, I really don't give a sh** Ohhhheeeeee baned from Ebay.. hmmmmmm that just means so much, not!

But in all seriousness, you put something stupid up, expect to get stupid answers, and a dumba** that dont know shi* about what he is selling

Yeah Walela, I wonder about the green grass too

Comment

Ok you remember those words you just said, next time you post something stupid !ROFLMAO!
      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Good Buy

Dear Angie
        Now what will you do
        Without my listing
        On EBay to chew?

You read not the description
        But how you began
        The price was too high
        And I was a man.

One hundred dollars
        Should have started the bid
        You really are stupid
        Should look what you did.

I asked you why
        But you can't seem to say
        Why my high price disturbs you
        And I should give it away.

Well girl you're dead wrong
        To repeat history
        The value is there
        Even if you can't see.

Comment

Originally posted by Bead Fool
          Now what will you do
          Without my listing
          On EBay to chew?
          never fear my friend...we'll find something else on which to chew!!!!! hey do you have any more auctions for us to watchdog!!!!! LOL

and don't worry, we're always on the lookout for overpriced native "artifacts", yours or anyone else's.

and remember all....No one learns anythings unless somebody speaks up!!!!
          sigpic

See my trading post ads
          See my photo gallery
          See walela49's myspace page

Comment

Originally posted by walela49
            never fear my friend...we'll find something else on which to chew!!!!! hey do you have any more auctions for us to watchdog!!!!! LOL

and don't worry, we're always on the lookout for overpriced native "artifacts", yours or anyone else's.

and remember all....No one learns anythings unless somebody speaks up!!!!
            good stuff, yeah I be the watchdog, or more like a bull dog in this case

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
              So tell me... they apparently are'nt listening and are'nt committing a crime and at that price are NOT going to get a bid on that belt... so why are you still pursuing them Angie? Your dialogue with them is starting to sound more like harrassment than being informative now. Just a suggestion but I think you should just let it drop before you are banned from ebay for harrassment... seriously!
              Blackbear,
              Why is it that you always try to put a damper on another's choice of revenge? You remind me of Mary Poppins or a nanny from Nanny 911, lol. Just kidding, I don't mean to harrass you as I'm too busy at work.

Comment

41,000 "Unreal Belt Price" on Ebay

First off Whoa! This looks like it was recently made and doesnt look like an old one. I had the chance to see an original and this sure dont look like one. The one I saw was dirty, some beads were missing but not that many. Passed along the ebay site to fellow powwow'ers and master beadworkers and they have the same oppinion. Give me 2 days and I can have the same exact belt. Good luck selling the item!
                'A'a i ka hula kahika, waiho ka hilahila i ka hale.
                "One who wants to dance the ancient dance, must leave their bashfullness at home"

Comment

the listing said it was made in the fourties I believe... but people still make these belts so it's not a rare item at all... and those made today are not "reproductions" because they are still done by the people that have always made them.... I have yet to see even a truly rare beaded item sell for as much as the seller was asking for. But being ignorant of the item being sold and asking for more money than they will ever see for it and listing it as more detailed (BWAHAHAH) than most that were made are'nt crimes...and sorry but Angies' arguments did'nt go anywhere... it was more like it was just a ploy to tell someone they were stupid. I don't much care for that... make your points, make them valid and unless someone is commiting fraud or a crime then there is no reason to stick around to keep telling someone they are stupid, much less post how many times you can call someone a dumb ***. She sure does'nt like it when others do that to her....
                  Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
                    She sure does'nt like it when others do that to her....

You noticed that too huh?
                    SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bead Fool
                      Dear Angie
                      Now what will you do
                      Without my listing
                      On EBay to chew?

You read not the description
                      But how you began
                      The price was too high
                      And I was a man.

One hundred dollars
                      Should have started the bid
                      You really are stupid
                      Should look what you did.

I asked you why
                      But you can't seem to say
                      Why my high price disturbs you
                      And I should give it away.

Well girl you're dead wrong
                      To repeat history
                      The value is there
                      Even if you can't see.
                      Is this a response to angiebunns or a poem or both? Well, since he clearly is reading the comings and goings of this thread, I would like to mention that myself personally as an indian woman find it offensive when anyone (native or not and in this case I believe the seller to be non-native) carlessly exploits native cultures by selling artifacts that were originally made with traditional family designs particular to that tribe and in this case for a baby. I believe that our family heirlooms are just that. FAMILY HIERLOOMS! How dare you put a price on such a thing! They are priceless! They don't belong in musuems or to be sold on E-BAY! Since you've conducted such research.....then return it to the family that it rightfully belongs to! You should be ashamed of yourself!
                      Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art." - Leonardo Da Vinci

"I found I could say things with my beads that I couldn't say any other way....things I had no words for" - Eva McAdams Eastern Shoshone

Comment

If you haven't noticed.... it did not sell. The seller is obviously ignorant of the culture and certainly hasn't done any research into real Athabascan craftwork. It is apparent to me (and my husband) that the item was NOT made in the 1940s as the beadwork is in too good a condition for something of that era. The beads are too white (first thing my husband noticed too)... bleached maybe?

I am going to refer this over to one of the folks I know <i>who</i> has considerable knowledge in NW native culture and see what he thinks.

In the meantime, it sounds to me like this person is one of those "antique" dealers who thinks they can try to pull the wool over someone's eyes.... we get that a lot here when those sort of folks come in from Seattle area and think they can sell a beat up old Breyer horse with broken ear tips for $25 or more! (average price on a brand new one).... "because someone will put it on display in their home as a collector's item" - HA that same person can go out and get a rally nice new one for that price, not one that some kid has beat up.... anyway I digress...

I'll let you know what the folks I know here think...
                        Last edited by SingingDeer; 05-26-2005, 01:25 AM. Reason: typo - too late and eyes going scriggly lol
                        "Liberty is the one thing you can't have unless you give it to others."
                        ~ Wm A White

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons:
                        some sharp, some pretty, some dull,
                        some have weird names, & all different colors,
                        but they have to learn to live in the same box." ~ Anon

Comment

Ok Ok.... First Off..... I Dont Think They Manufactured Clear Plastic Beads In Tha 40's...... N Those Are Some Tiny Beads..... U Didnt Really See Those Around Untill Recently.... N Wouldnt That Leather Be A Little Bit More Rotten??? LOL
                          Thats Juss A Buncha Crap!!! Wutt Kinda Person Is This Thats Tryna Sell It...... Well U Gotta Admit..... Its Not As Bad As That One Person Tryna Sell That Jingle Dress..... Wit Tha White Dude Modeling It!!! LMAO
                          PEOPLE THESE DAYS!!

Comment

MH - The fringe beads are glass trade beads not plastic.... but they are pretty clean too....

I enlarged the biggest photo the seller put on the page and looked at it closely.... the seeds beads are probably old, but they appear to have been cleaned and reused in a newer project than what is typical for that date.... there seems to be no deterioration in the work - something that would occur over that length of time no matter how carefully it has been handled and stored.
                            "Liberty is the one thing you can't have unless you give it to others."
                            ~ Wm A White

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons:
                            some sharp, some pretty, some dull,
                            some have weird names, & all different colors,
                            but they have to learn to live in the same box." ~ Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hawk
                              Ok Ok.... First Off..... I Dont Think They Manufactured Clear Plastic Beads In Tha 40's...... N Those Are Some Tiny Beads..... U Didnt Really See Those Around Untill Recently.... N Wouldnt That Leather Be A Little Bit More Rotten??? LOL
                              Thats Juss A Buncha Crap!!! Wutt Kinda Person Is This Thats Tryna Sell It...... Well U Gotta Admit..... Its Not As Bad As That One Person Tryna Sell That Jingle Dress..... Wit Tha White Dude Modeling It!!! LMAO
                              PEOPLE THESE DAYS!!
                              Yeah see, I thought that at first too, but like singing deer said.. they are glass trade beads.. I had to take a second look and cannot see a seam which you would get with plastic, also those beads are'nt that dang tiny...... these belts are usually around 4-6 feet long depending on who made them and how big that person is ... most of the ones i've seen here on display are roughly 5 feet long. And if it was a museum piece like the person I think said, the leather would still be in good condition. My mom's dress is in "new" condition and she's had it since the 50's, you see no rot or dry areas on it at all. It is concievable that it is this old but come on... that's only 60 years folks. 25 years makes something antique.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutbead Queen
                                Is this a response to angiebunns or a poem or both? Well, since he clearly is reading the comings and goings of this thread, I would like to mention that myself personally as an indian woman find it offensive when anyone (native or not and in this case I believe the seller to be non-native) carlessly exploits native cultures by selling artifacts that were originally made with traditional family designs particular to that tribe and in this case for a baby. I believe that our family heirlooms are just that. FAMILY HIERLOOMS! How dare you put a price on such a thing! They are priceless! They don't belong in musuems or to be sold on E-BAY! Since you've conducted such research.....then return it to the family that it rightfully belongs to! You should be ashamed of yourself!

amen amennnn amennnnnnnnnnn

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.