3 Drop vs 2 Drop Peyote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Drop vs 2 Drop Peyote

I've done very little peyote stitch in my life, mostly the quills of feathers and such. Now I'm at a point where I want to make larger pieces with designs. I have always done the 3 drop type and that has worked just fine. I have started looking at other peoples work like tail sticks and fan handles and it looks like some people use 2 drop when they want o do something and make the design more symmetrical horizontally. With the few things I've done in 3 drop it makes the design lean in the direction of the stitch.

so, the question is, first is this a valid observation, and second how do you do 2 drop.

With 3 drop I know to make sure the number is around is a multiple of 3 and then take of 1/3 of the beads. It is something like that for 2 drop?

Thanks for all your help.

MM
    Michael MedicineBear Mayo
    ~Sure you can trust the Gov't; just ask any Ndn~

Ok the 3 drop you are talking about is what we have kinda chosen to call gourd stitch around here since there are so many different names it seems like for two different stitches with nearly the same results.. anyhow that would be gourd... the flat peyote (one drop)is done adding on one bead at a time like you would gourd, but it does'nt entaill going through two beads with the thread every time you add a bead.. just going through one... now to do two drop you have to do it like peyote, but instead of one bead, you are adding on two beads and going through two beads... a good example for both one and 2 drop is here....http://www.beadwrangler.com/samplers...e_samples2.htm
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Thank you black bear. that website was helpful to a degree. however it only dealt with flay peyote, not around something. and all of the pictures were hard to see exactly what they were doing. If someone could explane this a little better it would be most helpful.

MM
      Michael MedicineBear Mayo
      ~Sure you can trust the Gov't; just ask any Ndn~

Comment

http://www.olympus.net/personal/vinsong/rnd.pyt.html]

Ok after you look that over... if you want two drop, then you simply use two beads at a time instead of one...
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

peyote stitch

HI TSA-LA-GI:I just got done doing a dance staff using the flat stitch,and what I did was a seven drop.I went around the staff and then I skiped seven beads then put on eleven beads then skiped seven then put on eleven and so forth all the way around until I got back to my first seven,then I put on seven then went thru the first eleven then put on another seven beads then thru eleven all the way around again until I got back to the start again then I put eleven and just repeted this until I was done.If you want i will send you a picture of it to this site,just let me know.I will also send a picture of some rockers that I have just started using a three drop.The way to do this is put your beads on until they come around and touch,then count how many beads it took and divide this total number by three ex. 72 beads divided by three is 24 this is how many beads you will have per row .First put on 24 then put on your next 24 skipping every other bead as normal then put your third row on skipping every other bead as normal until you get to the end then on your last bead of the third row go thru the start bead and the bead next to it,this will drop your string for your next set of three rows.If this is to hard to understand I will check back tomorrow and I will send a n atachment that I will draw up for you or any one else.have a good day and have fun with your bead work.
          Paul Flores
          " MY RICE CRISPYS TALK TO ME"

Comment

Web link

Originally posted by Blackbear
            http://www.olympus.net/personal/vinsong/rnd.pyt.html]

Ok after you look that over... if you want two drop, then you simply use two beads at a time instead of one...
            Blackbear, I couldn't seem to make the correct connection from the link you have. Maybe there is something wrong with my browser.
            Thanks.
            It's How We're All Connected !!!

Comment

it says page temporarily unavailable... which means they are probably having problems with the server or possibly updating the site.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X